Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    Since many of our HVAC-Talk compatriots hail from the Lonestar state, it is without a doubt many have heard of the "Baby Grace" Tragedy. A small child was beaten to death by scumbag parents and stored in a shed for two months. Then she was dumped out in the sea, only to wash ashore in October.

I am sure to be flamed for what I have to say. How can so many of you guys hear of this and still believe that we under the watchful care of some loving God? If an innocent child like this suffered this fate, just where was God on that day? I have a hard time with stories like this.....

r404a
    Many of the people that think the same way you do wouldn't think twice about aborting a baby late term. Or giving a hand in raising one who was orphaned.

I have a hard time with that.

Since many of our HVAC-Talk compatriots hail from the Lonestar state, it is without a doubt many have heard of the "Baby Grace" Tragedy. A small child was beaten to death by scumbag parents and stored in a shed for two months. Then she was dumped out in the sea, only to wash ashore in October.

I am sure to be flamed for what I have to say. How can so many of you guys hear of this and still believe that we under the watchful care of some loving God? If an innocent child like this suffered this fate, just where was God on that day? I have a hard time with stories like this.....

r404a

No flaming here. I see God as a creator, not a micro-manager.

More then likely it was our society which failed this poor child, not any act or ommission by God. Perhaps along the way there were chances at intervention, or attempts which fell short.

Our society failed her, but now she has returned to God for comfort and healing. It remains up to us as a society to effect change, not a divine force.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post
    Many of the people that think the same way you do wouldn't think twice about aborting a baby late term. Or giving a hand in raising one who was orphaned.

I have a hard time with that.
    You must not be able to read...that went right over my head...

You must not be able to read...that went right over my head...
    Not surprised at all.

With all the pain and suffering in the world that has been in it from the start, it is baffling that the gifted can look at one tragic even and question others beliefs because of mans dirty deeds or need clarification. In the scheme of things we are only here a millionth of a second. Why not just respect others, their beliefs and call a tragedy what it is, a tragedy.

Point taken.

r404a

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    At this time, I do not need God to get by. Maybe later in my life, if I were to find myself alone, that could change. Who knows what the future may bring?
    Thank you for that Dog. I fear I am much like you. I walk with my family at my back, comforted by this knowledge. I have a healthy respect for those who take this same comfort from their relationship with God.

I can even find in me a certain amount of envy, since God is eternal. That must indeed be powerful. I just have not found the link as yet which is true for me. I pray for others in times of need, and comfort as I am able. I have tasted bitter loss through miscarriages, but have only turned to family for solice and support.

Perhaps my own personal link will yet come to pass. In a way, I hope that it does, because only strength could come from it. So I keep an open mind.

Happy Holidays Dog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12