Give the Nobel back Owl Gore - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 85
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    I do believe that this constitutes the spam/troll rule here. Please give some explanation for this link.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    What has that to do with anything? Are you saying we should ignore data that shows other planets warming? Your point is lost on me.



    Well...if the facts say that there is nothing that we can do... what exactly would you like me to do? Join a kum-bay-yuh party just so we don't feel so bad about it?



    Uhhh, that's exactly what you ARE doing by accepting untested science.



    Excellent! Than join me in reducing the use of fossil fuels! The reasons, of course, have nothing to do with GW, but let's join the kum-bay-yah circle and care about "the little things".

    Protecting plants and animals, incidentally, has not one thing to do with GW. As I said, there are reasonable reasons to reduce the use of fossil fuels and so I am for it. What do you care what my motive is? You get your "feel good" gesture... you should be happy!
    You pugs just can't be swayed. And I know it......

    So I will stop trying. Just remember, you are out-numbered. Even though you think you are the majority.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I do believe that this constitutes the spam/troll rule here. Please give some explanation for this link.
    As a rebuttal to many(including myself) calling Gore a hypocrite, the article is self explanatory and needs no further input.

    Unless of course the article uses big words like solar and you need help with your comrehension skills.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    As a rebuttal to many(including myself) calling Gore a hypocrite, the article is self explanatory and needs no further input.

    Unless of course the article uses big words like solar and you need help with your comrehension skills.
    Collin, you took the thought right out of my head, but I guess I better respond to Robo to clear things up.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I do believe that this constitutes the spam/troll rule here. Please give some explanation for this link.

    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...ore_gets_a.php



    As a rebuttal to many calling Gore a hypocrite, the article is self explanatory and needs no further input.

    Let me know if you still don't understand my intent.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    You pugs just can't be swayed. And I know it......

    So I will stop trying. Just remember, you are out-numbered. Even though you think you are the majority.
    Again, you only dosplay an utter lack of science savvy with such comments. There is no such thing as "consensus science". In fact, the consensus has been wrong more times than it is right. You see, all sceince requires is ONE person who happens to be right and can demonstrate it through experiment.

    And you CAN'T be reading any current science, or else you'd need to explain why last month it was shown that the models, which are not valid scientific experiments, were FLAT OUT WRONG when matching thier prediction to actual temperature records for the last 40 years. You'd also need to explain why Al Gore switched the labels on the charts he used in his presentation to the UN. Charts that showed that 60,000 years ago, a rise in c02 TRAILED the rise in temperature by hundreds of years. Or why NO ONE, even your side, talks about the "hockey Stick Graph" anymore. They'd just like that to go away. *chuckle*

    If you think science is some sort of group hug (the majority... what a laugh) I'd suggest you Google Loius Pastuer. Or Dr. Goldberger and Pellegra. Or you could investigate Nuclear Winter, puerperal fever and Olvier Wendell Holmes, or Alfred Wegener who in 1912 proposed that Africa and South America were at one time one continent. It took 50 years for "consensus" to agree with him. 50 years for the consensus to see what any school child sees. Jenner and smallpox, saccharine, margarine, repressed memory, fiber and colon cancer, hormone replacement therapy…the list of consensus errors goes on and on.

    And now, even in the face of REALITY that brings your case to its knees, you still clap your hands over your ears and sing la la la la la.

    Ok, bud. Whatever.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,802
    Scrog, thats referred to as plate tectonics and states that all continents were actually one at one time.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Again, you only dosplay an utter lack of science savvy with such comments. There is no such thing as "consensus science". In fact, the consensus has been wrong more times than it is right. You see, all sceince requires is ONE person who happens to be right and can demonstrate it through experiment.

    And you CAN'T be reading any current science, or else you'd need to explain why last month it was shown that the models, which are not valid scientific experiments, were FLAT OUT WRONG when matching thier prediction to actual temperature records for the last 40 years. You'd also need to explain why Al Gore switched the labels on the charts he used in his presentation to the UN. Charts that showed that 60,000 years ago, a rise in c02 TRAILED the rise in temperature by hundreds of years. Or why NO ONE, even your side, talks about the "hockey Stick Graph" anymore. They'd just like that to go away. *chuckle*

    If you think science is some sort of group hug (the majority... what a laugh) I'd suggest you Google Loius Pastuer. Or Dr. Goldberger and Pellegra. Or you could investigate Nuclear Winter, puerperal fever and Olvier Wendell Holmes, or Alfred Wegener who in 1912 proposed that Africa and South America were at one time one continent. It took 50 years for "consensus" to agree with him. 50 years for the consensus to see what any school child sees. Jenner and smallpox, saccharine, margarine, repressed memory, fiber and colon cancer, hormone replacement therapy…the list of consensus errors goes on and on.

    And now, even in the face of REALITY that brings your case to its knees, you still clap your hands over your ears and sing la la la la la.

    Ok, bud. Whatever.
    Again, using energy to try and refute something when you should be spending it on something else. What a waste of time.

    I will stand my ground. GW is a serious issue. Anyone with a half a brain could see it. Did you happen to see what happened to the walruses??

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Scrog, thats referred to as plate tectonics and states that all continents were actually one at one time.
    Yup, I know that, bud. The reason that I used it as an example is that the consensus disagreed for 50 years.

    Probably the best example that I listed is Pellegra. Goldberger found that the cause was diet, not a germ as the consensus held. Now, get this... talk about the human condition...

    Goldberger *demonstrated* that he could induce the disease through diet. He *demonstrated* that it could not be a germ; he and his staff injected themselves with blood from Pellegra patients. They ate capsules that contained the scabs from Pellegra sores (not joking). None on the staff contracted Pellegra. Yet, in the face of valid experiment, the consensus remained wed to the germ idea for OVER 10 YEARS. While people continued to get sick! In fact, Goldberger was removed from his post!!!!!

    That's the consensus for you.

    I have often said elsewhere in these forums that the human capacity to deny fact is among the most amazing things about the human condition. IS it a fact that c02 has nothing to do with Global Warming? No. Since we lack the technology to perform a true test, and since we lack understanding of the global climate systems (in other words we have no business modeling it and why those models are not science because they use guess work. Science uses testing... not guess work) we just don't know. However, what IS a fact is that new data is coming up every day that conflicts with the consensus. Of course, that won't stop the consensus or cause them to do anything but IGNORE what they don't like to hear any more than it has in the past.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    I will stand my ground.
    And I, sir, rest my case.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  11. #76
    k-fridge's Avatar
    k-fridge is offline ARP Committee & Global Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,490
    GW is a serious issue. Anyone with a half a brain could see it.
    And those of us with a whole brain can see how Owl Gore and the"greenies" have turned this into the greatest scam of the century.

    OK seriously, I don't have to buy into Gore's hysterical ramblings to be concerned for the environment. Certainly we should be responsible with the great planet we call home, but we can do that by applying common sense to the situation instead of helping people get rich from it. Gore learned to use GW for political clout when he was in the government, now that he's a private citizen he's turned it into quite a dynasty.

    All of us should as two questions concerning Gore

    1) What qualifications does he really have?
    2) Why doesn't he practice what he preaches?

    The answers won't look good.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Ya know, I wonder at how much individual effort goes into changing the temp of a room just 1 degree. From mining the ore for an air handler, condenser, and duct; to moving the ore from the ground to the truck; to unloading it at the foundary; to forming it into the desired shape/size; to tooling each tiny but important component of an HVAC system; to transporting it to the distributors, then the dealers; to moving the equipment to the job site; to installing/cranking the equipment; right up to the little old lady walking around the house looking for her glasses so she can read those stupid mercury bulb t-stats, the lifting of her finger to slide the lever because she is cold or hot. That's an awful lot of ergs spent.
    My question is now, "How can anyone think that mankind is responsible for and can change GLOBAL warming?"

    Sorry. It just don't hold water.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    5,340
    I believe in Global warming when the stat calls for heat and the furnace kicks on, and I stop thinking about it when I hear the system kick off once the stat has been satisfied.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event