Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 85
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieAir View Post
    I guess we did not cut off aid to Nationalist China and let the Reds take over a quarter of the world's population and Marshall wasn't our man in charge in China. Yes what a conservative he was. Change history now. Kissinger was known as a liberal Republican and Nixon was not a conservative. He instituted wage and price controls in the early 70's and really screwed up the economy back then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger . Go stick your head in the sand and pretend this did not happen. I rest my case.
    I just spent a quick 15 minutes reading about Marshall and it seems Joe McCarthy had a problem with him.

    Well, Joe McCarthy was an A-hole, so I like Marshall better.
    I rest my case.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I just spent a quick 15 minutes reading about Marshall and it seems Joe McCarthy had a problem with him.

    Well, Joe McCarthy was an A-hole, so I like Marshall better.
    I rest my case.
    You can't argue the facts just defend Marshall as a great guy who gave a quarter of the world to the Reds because Joe McCarthy correctly pointed out what a pro commie he was. No don't ever argue the facts just defend him because McCarthy and I might add a lot of conservative Republicans knew what a champion of the red cause he was. I am sure the 50 million Chinese who were executed by the great agrarian reformer Mao Te Sung would be happy to know that all aid was cut off to the Nationalist side from the US under Marshall's direction while Russia poured uncounted military aid to the Reds so they could win the war. Our State Dept. was overran with communist sympathizers who with Marshall in charge of the China theater set up the most populist country in the world to fall into communism. I am glad to hear that you are such a scholar. I wish you had read a little more and found out the whole truth.

    From the Wikipedia Encyclopedia
    "In December 1945, Truman sent Marshall to China to broker a coalition government between the Communists under Mao Zedong and America's Nationalist allies under Chang Kai-shek. Marshall had no leverage over the Communists, but threatened to withdraw American aid essential to the Nationalists. Both sides rejected his proposals and the Chinese Civil War escalated, with the Communists winning in 1948. His mission a failure, he returned in January of 1947.[6][7] As Secretary of State in 1947-48, Marshall seems to have disagreed with strong opinions in the Pentagon and State department that Chang's success was vital to American interests, insisting that U.S. troops not become involved."

    Marshall had their aid cut off and argued against helping them because our interests weren't at state. Well how about the Korean War which our troops had to fight the Chinese hoard. Or us having them today as our foremost enemy along of course with radical Islam. Yes the commie lover Marshall was a conservative. What a joke.
    Last edited by glennac; 12-15-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    What makes or doesn't make me "look" intelligent to you is not important to me.
    If you are not willing to post facts to support your position, atleast put some make-up on so you look perty on TV along with all the other tree huggers.


    You again side-stepped my last statement, and instead tried to analyze what I was thinking.
    No sir. YOU analyzed me without knowing anything about what I do as far as being frugal in my travels and not littering the earth with waste be it solid or gaseous.

    My point was, why waste all your energy trying to refute global warming?? Is it going to hurt you to try and help??
    I help when true facts support theories. What you guys have is just delusional opinions.

    Question and to prove my point: Why are other planets warming up when they have no humans to cause their increase in temperature, but here on earth, it is the "humans" causing the planet to warm up?

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieAir View Post
    I wish you had read a little more and found out the whole truth.

    Or us having them today as our foremost enemy along of course with radical Islam. Yes the commie lover Marshall was a conservative. What a joke.
    Oh I did read quite a bit more, I just didn't feel like getting into it at the time because I chose to spend the day with my 9 year old instead. They are only young once.
    O.K., here is my take on it.
    1. You really think the U.S. should have gotten into the middle of a Chinese civil war? Talk about a no-win situation.
    2. Marshal was adamantly against the creation of Israel. Tough to say what the Middle East would have been like without Israel but could it be much worse?
    3. Marshall did an INCREDIBLE job with Europe. That is what he got the Nobel for.

    So in summary, Marshall= Good man.
    Al Gore, trying hard but install geotherm at your own home ya friggin' idjit!
    McCarthy?
    Worst American ever.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,504
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Oh I did read quite a bit more, I just didn't feel like getting into it at the time because I chose to spend the day with my 9 year old instead. They are only young once.
    O.K., here is my take on it.
    1. You really think the U.S. should have gotten into the middle of a Chinese civil war? Talk about a no-win situation.
    2. Marshal was adamantly against the creation of Israel. Tough to say what the Middle East would have been like without Israel but could it be much worse?
    3. Marshall did an INCREDIBLE job with Europe. That is what he got the Nobel for.

    So in summary, Marshall= Good man.
    Al Gore, trying hard but install geotherm at your own home ya friggin' idjit!
    McCarthy?
    Worst American ever.
    Well I see you are also into name calling which is against the rules of this site but I guess you feel that you are above obeying the rules since you consider your self right and there fore you can call me and others names who disagree with your wisdom.

    Marshall wouldn't even allow military aid (guns, ammo, artillery, tanks, planes, etc.) which Congress authorized much less troops to be sent. I am sure the families of the 33,686 American soldiers who died in the Korean War would have perfered aid was given to the Nationalist so they wouldn't have lost a love one. I guess you get to decide who is the worst and best American. I think McCarthy was a great American and there were still a lot of communist in our goverment at the time left over from the 30's and 40's whom he was smoking out and a lot of politicians didn't want this info to get out and they smeared him.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Glenn, read that over again. I'm fairly sure that it was Al Gore that was being called an idiot, not you.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Glenn, read that over again. I'm fairly sure that it was Al Gore that was being called an idiot, not you.
    I guess your right dog. It took and second or third reading to ascertain what he meant and it appears he was referring to Owl and in that case I agree with Collin. Sorry for the misunderstanding Collin and thanks for pointing that out dog.
    Last edited by glennac; 12-16-2007 at 12:25 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,525
    Awww, a group hug.

    Kumbuyah my Lord,Kumbuyah........



  10. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieAir View Post
    I guess your right dog. It took and second or third reading to ascertain what he meant and it appears he was referring to Owl and in that case I agree with Collin. Sorry for the misunderstanding Collin and thanks for pointing that out dog.
    Definitely was aimed at Gore.
    All clear.

    I can understand your feelings about troops in Korea, but I still think McCarthy was evil. Communism can be an issue in poor, uneducated countries, but I don't see it as an issue in the U.S. Canada, Britain, Australia etc.
    We are too smart for that crap.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    5,340
    And the evidence continues to mount proving the tree huggers wrong.

    “The available data is ambiguous, Singer said: global temperatures, for example, rose between 1900 and 1940, well before humans began to burn the enormous quantities of hydrocarbons they do today. Then they dropped between 1940 and 1975, when the use of oil and coal increased, he said.”

    Small group of US experts insist global warming not man-made

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071216...ewarmingdenial

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    If you are not willing to post facts to support your position, atleast put some make-up on so you look perty on TV along with all the other tree huggers.


    No sir. YOU analyzed me without knowing anything about what I do as far as being frugal in my travels and not littering the earth with waste be it solid or gaseous.

    I help when true facts support theories. What you guys have is just delusional opinions.

    Question and to prove my point: Why are other planets warming up when they have no humans to cause their increase in temperature, but here on earth, it is the "humans" causing the planet to warm up?
    Ok, so the planet earth is the same as all the other planets in the solar system..

    So basically we should just say the hell with it, there is nothing we can do??

    I don't know about you but I prefer to not roll that set of dice. Let the record show that I am not a tree hugger. I am just somebody that cares about the little things. The changing of the seasons, protecting plants and animals that rely on certain climates, and keeping my sanity, because I love winter sports!!!!

    I will re-state my question... Why not try and help??? (not necessarily at you "Made" because you stated you do.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Ok, so the planet earth is the same as all the other planets in the solar system..
    What has that to do with anything? Are you saying we should ignore data that shows other planets warming? Your point is lost on me.

    So basically we should just say the hell with it, there is nothing we can do??
    Well...if the facts say that there is nothing that we can do... what exactly would you like me to do? Join a kum-bay-yuh party just so we don't feel so bad about it?

    I don't know about you but I prefer to not roll that set of dice.
    Uhhh, that's exactly what you ARE doing by accepting untested science.

    Let the record show that I am not a tree hugger. I am just somebody that cares about the little things. The changing of the seasons, protecting plants and animals that rely on certain climates, and keeping my sanity, because I love winter sports!!!!
    Excellent! Than join me in reducing the use of fossil fuels! The reasons, of course, have nothing to do with GW, but let's join the kum-bay-yah circle and care about "the little things".

    Protecting plants and animals, incidentally, has not one thing to do with GW. As I said, there are reasonable reasons to reduce the use of fossil fuels and so I am for it. What do you care what my motive is? You get your "feel good" gesture... you should be happy!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event