Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 85
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,954
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    You obviously are unaware of the fact that making statements pertaining to an individual without facts does not make you look very intelligent.
    And I might add making unsubstantiated charges of a derogatory nature against a forum member is against the rules and subjects you to disciplinary action. Be advised seaton for your benefit.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    there are valid reasons to reduce the use of fossil fuels, as one example.
    Some of the reasons even go beyond reducing air pollution.
    Every gallon of gas we buy helps fund radical Islamic fundamentalists, who sponsor terrorism, and/or Hugo Chavez's socialization of Venezuela.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieAir View Post
    I don't buy that. Churchill got his because he stood up to Hitler and he was not known as a conservative. Marshall was no conservative. He cut off all aid to Chiang Kai Shea and let all of China and then Tibet fall to the Reds. He was sent to China by Roosevelt to solve the problem over there. He sure did and about 50 million Chinese and Tibetans lost there lives and we lost about a fourth of the worlds population to the dark side. Then he got the Nobel Peace Prize in 53. What a joke. Henry Kissenger was not known as a conservative either but at least not as pro red as Marshall was.
    You are welcome to your opinion, Glenn. But why anyone would give the literature prize to honor what someone did about Hitler is beyond me.

    Besides, there are different flavors of conservatives... just like there are Christians. Last I heard... "conservative" didn't mean "everyone who agrees with Glenn". lol

    Kissinger not a conservative? Ridiculous!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, near the coast
    Posts
    1,181
    Part of the problem with the global warming hoax is beginning to show its' ugly head. A proposed "international tax" on the planets major polluters (can you say United States?) and guess who will be in charge of the funds collected. The United Nations! Billions of dollars being entrusted to the care of the U.N. That should solve all of our problems.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Pacific Coast of Canada
    Posts
    4,008
    I thought Marshall won the Nobel for the Marshall plan, which in part helped fight communism in post war Europe.

    I was under the impression that the U.S. showed GREAT mercy and unselfishness in the extraordinary amount of aid given during this time.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I thought Marshall won the Nobel for the Marshall plan, which in part helped fight communism in post war Europe.

    I was under the impression that the U.S. showed GREAT mercy and unselfishness in the extraordinary amount of aid given during this time.
    Exactly right, Collin.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I thought Marshall won the Nobel for the Marshall plan, which in part helped fight communism in post war Europe.

    I was under the impression that the U.S. showed GREAT mercy and unselfishness in the extraordinary amount of aid given during this time.
    I guess we did not cut off aid to Nationalist China and let the Reds take over a quarter of the world's population and Marshall wasn't our man in charge in China. Yes what a conservative he was. Change history now. Kissinger was known as a liberal Republican and Nixon was not a conservative. He instituted wage and price controls in the early 70's and really screwed up the economy back then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger . Go stick your head in the sand and pretend this did not happen. I rest my case. If the Nobel Prize meant anything then they would have given the award to President Regan. Now he was a conservative and ended a costly war without ever firing a shot.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    It seems to me that Al Gore genuinely cares about the future of the planet, which is alot more than some of you can obviously say. Do you think we humans can just keep poluting to no end and suffer no ill effects from it. Maybe you should devote your life to proving him wrong with evidence instead of running your mouth on this forum.
    I agree that Al Gore does seem to genuinely be concerned about the future of the planet Earth. That does not mean he can't be way off on what he believes. After all, Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones also genuinely believed in what they thought was best for their people.

    Oh, the evidence against Al Gore's rants is overwhelming. Yea; the Earth is in one of many warming periods, all except this one that could not possibly be blamed on man's abuses of nature. No; there is little credible evidence that the stupid stuff we do can have catastrophic affects on the planet.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    I think you're wrong, but you are entitled to your own opinion and it will have no effect on my check book.
    If Al Gore is so personally concerned with our environment, why does he not lessen his own tremendous footprint by downsizing his personal usage of fossil fuels and eletricity? http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    Yea whatever. Now I remember why I hate ARP. I will just keep trying to lessen my impact on the planet so you can polute it. Would you mind if we put the dump in your back yard. Oh thats right we will never run out of land to dump garbage either.
    No one but you is making anything near these types of statements. Why are you posting such idiotic rhetoric? Al Gore is simply wrong about most of the claims he has been spewing out and of course we still need to lessen the negative impact we are making with our consumption of natural resources. Not for the Earth, but for our own survival.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Say what you must, but at least I am interested in trying to help not hinder. Instead of spending so much time trying to debunk something why not take the time to try and care about something.

    Turning your cheek will do no good, so why do it?? You work in a trade where environmentally cautious methods are not only practiced but law. To sit there and keep bad-mouthing this is a slap in the face to all the HVAC professionals on here who do what they can for the environment.

    Let me guess. You just vent the refrigerant because it doesn't matter anyway???
    Most of us want to help with the wrongs we are doing when it concerns our environment. What does that have to do with being lied to about what those wrongs actually are?

    No one here is for polluting. We are just a bit tired of pompous, arrogant dictators like Al Gore who don't practice what they preach, feeding us more crap then we pollute the earth with.

    For those of you who are stupid enough to buy into Al Gores lies; we certainly don't think very much of your whining either.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I agree that Al Gore does seem to genuinely be concerned about the future of the planet Earth. That does not mean he can't be way off on what he believes. After all, Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones also genuinely believed in what they thought was best for their people.

    He could be wrong as easily as you could be wrong. Am I an extremist, as some of you have alluded to, no. Am I clueless, as others have charged, no. Lets just say that I like to live in and hand down a nice healthy planet to those who follow me. I understand that historically events have happened that have warmed the planet and caused CO2 levels to rise. I cannot speak for Al "Gore's lifestyle any more than you can nor do I really care about his lifestyle. Truth be told I follow politics as little as possible because it usually turns into just what you see here. Two people being gang assaulted by others trying to jamb their beliefs down our throats. Nothing I say or do will change your mind. Nothing you say or do will change my mind. What really makes you different than me?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    No, there is little credible evidence that the stupid stuff we do can have catastrophic affects on the planet.
    When I train guys on the job, many times when they are not getting the picture I tell them to take it to an extreme. (Sizing sheaves for example) Make believe your motor sheave was 20' in diameter and you still spun it at 1750 you get the picture just as they usually do.

    Now employ that same theory of size in the garage with my cars engine running and the door closed, chances are I’m going to die.

    Now how about the universe (and no you don't have to tell me how large the universe is). Now add billions of cars and other pollutions. What will eventually happen to it all?

    Alright everyone, its time to gang up on me for having a different set of beliefs, cut me down make me feel smaller than you, pick on my little example, tell me how stupid that is, how clueless I am, you know what always happens to the little guy.

    Bring it on!
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    You obviously are unaware of the fact that making statements pertaining to an individual without facts does not make you look very intelligent.

    What makes or doesn't make me "look" intelligent to you is not important to me.


    You again side-stepped my last statement, and instead tried to analyze what I was thinking.

    My point was, why waste all your energy trying to refute global warming?? Is it going to hurt you to try and help??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event