Thread: FX40/N2 Bus

Hybrid View

FX40/N2 Bus

I have one FX40 with about 3 DX9100 and about 25 VMAs (VAV boxes), every few seconds I get a ping failed then few seconds later ping success alarm message in the alarm console.

I have not worked with N2 bus much but I am pretty sure the bus is good and it is a setting in FX40 that needs adjusting, I just don't know where and what.

It is also only the VMAs that are causing this message, almost all of them, none from the DXs.

I looked at the ping settings but need guidance as to which one to start tweaking.
    I have got what i believe are default values (I say default because I have inherited this job) of:
    Under JciN2Netwrok property sheet I have
    Under Monitor:
    ping delay = 00.400s

retry count=2
    response timeout = 00.0250s
    Inter Message Delay = 00.002s

Ping interval is hidden by default in FX40, when I look at it though, it is set to 5 min, but I know the driver is pinging devices much faster than that if the occurance of ping fail/success message is any indication.

yes, those are the default numbers. I have never had to tweak them though.

Do you have a ****load of errors in the station director window? Resources low due to these errors?
    If you are positive its not the bus.
    Try this first.
    I have seen VMAs do quirky **** and this cleared it up, try reinstalling the jci jars in platform software manager. this has cleared up my mystery error vma issues. Not sure why or how the initial problems were created , but this worked for me.

Freddy

Looks like they have installed a profanity filter for words you hear on Local TV!

Maybe we can have a milk break and nap time too if we're good!
    Last edited by freddy-b; 12-11-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks,
    I am using a non-JCI workbench.
    Can I just transfer out the JCI jars out of the jace to my PC's module directory, and then reinstall them that way?

If not, can you send me any distribution file set that installs the jci jars?

Yes. with file transfer wizard

JCI came out with a new "jcin2" jar file a few weeks ago. Send me your email address if you need it. Its supposed to improve communications with VMA's and TEC's. They also told me to use an end-of-line resistor.

Thanks, email is in my profile, or amigoneeds at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by ddcfreek View Post
    JCI came out with a new "jcin2" jar file a few weeks ago. Send me your email address if you need it. Its supposed to improve communications with VMA's and TEC's. They also told me to use an end-of-line resistor.
    Why the resistor? whats the logic behind that?All ASC's self terminate.