+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intellipak/VAV question. . .?

Post Likes

Intellipak/VAV question. . .?

ok so i know there is several ways of going about this or several different types of setups for these systems, but i just want to clear it up and maybe try and get a little more understanding to what im working with here. . .

I normally dont work on IPAK's.
    The only other Ipak i have worked on was for a mfg factory a couple years ago. . if i remember right it was on the TRACER controls with about 7-8 VAV's and from what i understood that the 7-8 VAV's had little ZSM's that opened/closed the damper and or activated the duct heaters as long as the air proving switch was closed, Furthermore if 50% or more of them called for heat the Ipak would kick on the burners and supply the heat. My question is. . .what is the typical setup for these ? Also what is the logic behind it. . . ex. ZSM votes or constant volume based on outdoor temp. . . how does the unit switch over to satisfy different zones with different heat/cool demands ?

Post Likes
    Intellipaks can run and be controlled many different ways.

These units can be controlled by a simple time clock with start/stop functions and control itself based on set up.

Set up can be programmed for GBAS or energy management control such as Tracer summit.

Each job or installation is specific to its application such as VAV control.

As for your question and what controls this system when used with an EMS such as Tracer Summit, let me say that this subject is very long and there is a lot that needs to be considered.

The best recommendation that I can give you is to figure out what your existing system consist of. This can be a very simple system with one unit and the few VAV's like you have. A simple set up would be one BCU controlling a single occupant.

Or a more complicated system would be multiple Intellipaks with hundreds of VAV boxes and multiple tenants and or multiple floors.

As for the logic that controls this type of system...well this is again application specific. There is Custom Programmable Language commonly referred to as CPL.

This subject is very long. I suggest that you make a list of all the equipment, accessories and associated hardware and familiarize yourself with the installation operation manuals specific to the equipment at hand.

Why not try to use the search function located at the top of the screen and search for Tracer Summit Programming.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in