hoshizaki km1200s

i got a hoshizaki at a olive garden that doing something i've never seen before... flip the switch to ice , wait for the time delay ,, comp and water pump starts... hot gas open....then shuts , like normal , then about 2 minutes into the freeze cycle the pump and compressor just shut off... hi pressure switch never opens.. no beeps , no blinking lights .. just off never trys to restart unless you cycyle power ...i did notice several large blocks of ice cubes still in the bottom of the bin... they look way to big to fall out of the chute though... any ideas. going back monday am when there isn't 50 people trying to step around you every 2.3 seconds....
    local 94

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdaddytj View Post
    i got a hoshizaki at a olive garden that doing something i've never seen before... flip the switch to ice , wait for the time delay ,, comp and water pump starts... hot gas open....then shuts , like normal , then about 2 minutes into the freeze cycle the pump and compressor just shut off... hi pressure switch never opens.. no beeps , no blinking lights .. just off never trys to restart unless you cycyle power ...i did notice several large blocks of ice cubes still in the bottom of the bin... they look way to big to fall out of the chute though... any ideas. going back monday am when there isn't 50 people trying to step around you every 2.3 seconds....
    Sounds like you have a bad bin stat, or ice that is stuck on it. Put bulb in you're hand to warm it up takes about 10 seconds or so, then check to see if its open, it should be. Go to your hogeee dist and get the 10 min. "checkout video", makes working on them a breeze, will maybee not a give me, but at least you'll know what to look for.

Oh hey, welcome to my world, don't just love it when they spill something on ya while working on the equipment. I give'em one warning then I pack it up.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

does this have the pressure valve in the OD coil?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

sounds like the toggle switch is bad, check for proper voltage

???High Head???

Sounds to me that it's Cycling on Head I know you said not, but unless you got your meter across that switch the instent the switch open's you miss it. I know because I donnit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndfrozen View Post
    Sounds like you have a bad bin stat, or ice that is stuck on it. Put bulb in you're hand to warm it up takes about 10 seconds or so, then check to see if its open, it should be. Go to your hogeee dist and get the 10 min. "checkout video", makes working on them a breeze, will maybee not a give me, but at least you'll know what to look for.

Oh hey, welcome to my world, don't just love it when they spill something on ya while working on the equipment. I give'em one warning then I pack it up.
    Make sure you also have the right bracket for that Stat and the "new" plastic loop that they now recommend to keep that sort of thing from happening. It is installed on the inside of the bin on the Stat cap tube to the bulb.

B-