Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Boots for 3-1/2" liquid filled gauges

Looking into getting the 3-1/2" liquid filled gauges (YJ part #'s 49513 & 49514). Will the 3-1/8" gauge boots (49190) fit these?

Post Likes
    Sorry. No, they will be a bit too big for the 3-1/2" gauges.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply. The picture of those gauges makes them look a little more durable than others. Should I not worry so much about them bouncing around in the truck? I am thinking of getting two sets, one for the Titan 4 and one set as single test gauges. I've had bad luck with crystals cracking on single test gauges, but that's what I get for tossing them in a catch all bag.

Post Likes
    That's what I have on mine, but they don't fit very well. They tend to pop off easily, but I've had it on there for about a year so it does work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    That's what I have on mine, but they don't fit very well. They tend to pop off easily, but I've had it on there for about a year so it does work.
    Good to know. Are you satisfied with the gauges otherwise?

Post Likes
    Yes the 1 percent liquid filled yellow jackets are my favorite gauges I have ever used. I work with r134a a lot so I use the low pressure one. I appreciate being able to discern 1 psi differences. Also I like how you can recalibrate from the back without taking the gauge apart.

That being said I did get a leak on my low side gauge, the liquid leaked out. Now the gauge sticks and you have to tap on it from 0 to 15 psi to get it to move. Above 15 psi it will move on its own.

Compared to the cheap gauges, I can say the yellow jacket liquid filled holds its calibration MUCH better. I almost never have to zero it out. My cheapie yellow jackets have to be zeroed out every time I use them nearly.

I just ordered a set of DigiCool AK900 (uei branded). Not because I don't like the analogs, just because I'm ready to go digital.

Post Likes
    We haven't had any issues with durability on the liquid filled gauges, so we haven't developed a boot for them.That being said, I would avoid throwing them or throwing other things on top of them.

Regarding the glycerin leak, where did the liquid appear to be leaking from?

Post Likes
    The white gasket somehow popped out of place, not really sure how it happened. I unscrewed the lens and reseated the gasket and it seems to have stopped the leak. Needle still sticks though. You're right about them being durable, they have outlasted all my other gauges. It's a good product.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your reply.I'm not sure what's causing the needle to stick.Whatever made the seal open up might have also done some damage to the dial or movement.

Post Likes
    Yj. Do you have a p# for the rubber plug on the back of the liquid filled gauges?
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

Post Likes
    49096 FILLER CAPS LIQUID GAUGES

Post Likes
    Correction. The 49096 is for liquid filled gauges sold prior to 2008 when the rubber cap was on the top. If you are talking about the rubber cap on the back of the gauge - about the size of a dime - we do not have a replacement part number for that part. However, if you are looking for just one I can arrange to get one out to you.

Post Likes
    They are the ones with the rubber cap on the back of the gauge. At this point, one is all I need and would greatly appreciate a replacement!
    (((PEACE IS THAT BRIEF MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE EVERYBODY STANDS AROUND RELOADING)))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast