Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Evidence need not be visual. We actually discussed this way back when in the evolution topic. The planet Neptune was discovered using math - in other words - its apparent effect on other bodies. The Earth has NEVER been directly observed orbiting the Sun, however we have a wealth of evidence that says that it does.

I suppose that I cannot definitively state that vampires, aliens and God do not exist, but there is simply no evidence that they do.

Again, the bible seems to play in to the fact that the writers knew that they would have to sort of protect themselves from the assault of logic. Such things as God saying that "no man may see me" and that other passage that I wrote above, to me have a singular purpose that seems to conveniently work with my view of things.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Evidence need not be visual. We actually discussed this way back when in the evolution topic. The planet Neptune was discovered using math - in other words - its apparent effect on other bodies. The Earth has NEVER been directly observed orbiting the Sun, however we have a wealth of evidence that says that it does.

I suppose that I cannot definitively state that vampires, aliens and God do not exist, but there is simply no evidence that they do.

Again, the bible seems to play in to the fact that the writers knew that they would have to sort of protect themselves from the assault of logic. Such things as God saying that "no man may see me" and that other passage that I wrote above, to me have a singular purpose that seems to conveniently work with my view of things.
    It seems you and I are discussing opposite sides of the same coin.

My point is even if God stepped out of Heaven, presented Himself to you, "I am God, Creator of all that is, healed someone you knew to be very ill, and this is the way I run things", you would still say, "I don't believe you because seeing is not believing and what you just did is totally illogical."
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

There is not going to be any headway as far as discussing this with Boot. He uses the bible, that he says is truth, like a sledge hammer. He will not step out of this realm no matter what anyone says. He lives in modern times, enjoys all the scientific accomplishments, and even makes a living from it, but refuses the science as we know it today, and wants to live back in the old days and dark ages.

We have only two ways to look at this, either we have a film that is finished on a roll and we are just seeing it pass by, or we make the film one frame at the time. If the film is already developed then we have no choice and no free will. If we make the film one frame at the time, then we make our future and have free will.

The only other way a prophecy can come to pass is that someone knows something about the bodies in space that were not yet aware of, and every so many years something comes in to earths path to cause havoc. Which doesnt surprise me, since there are good indication we have had some of those type of events before on this planet.

As I said before, I'm a technician and I believe in reality, magic is not part of my world. Everything has a logical explanation, even if were not yet advanced enough to understand. One thing is clear, neither Christianity, Islam or any other religious believe is the answer to our survival. We either cast aside our rightousness and learn to live with each other, or we are going to destroy this civilization, I can assure you that, and thats a prediciton, so I guess I'm a prophet now too.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

And btw, my main question "What was Cain afraid of", hasnt been answered yet.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    And btw, my main question "What was Cain afraid of", hasnt been answered yet.

Roy
    Asked and answered. Ya gotta read the posts.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    It seems you and I are discussing opposite sides of the same coin.

My point is even if God stepped out of Heaven, presented Himself to you, "I am God, Creator of all that is, healed someone you knew to be very ill, and this is the way I run things", you would still say, "I don't believe you because seeing is not believing and what you just did is totally illogical."
    I disagree with this. I could easily be shown the light and God knows exactly how to do it. But he doesn't.

I will say this, however; if I were to learn that God is exactly as described in the bible, I would be surprised.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I will say this, however; if I were to learn that God is exactly as described in the bible, I would be surprised.
    Of course you would. Everyone is.

Proud member of KA Club

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234