Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why the hell can you people just not admit that we just do not know because the information is not specifically given?

All of these scenarios are fabricated without a thread of evidence to back them up, so if you really have to pick a fabrication to believe in rather then rely on your faith, at least pick the more plausible one.

The fact is that the Hebrew Bible is based on explaining to Hebrews the relationship between God and Hebrews. It is all about Hebrews!

For all we know, the Adam and Eve story may just well be an attempt at the explanation of how the Hebrew race began and the "other" creation of man is about all of the others.

As much as I hate to state this, I go along more with Royc as far as it is more plausible that the human race, or at least a part of it, is a transplant from another of God's created planets in a galaxy far, far away.

Genesis in no way gives any details that allow us to come up with any practical history of the beginnings of mankind on the planet earth.

Remember fundies, it is Satan that gave us the "gift" of knowledge. Every time we think we know something, we somehow screw up somewhere. We really need to stop claiming we know things that we cannot possibly know!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    quote: People lived 600, even 700 years.

Actually we're talking predeluvian (sp?). Lives began getting drastically shorter after the flood. Frankly, direct sunlight is hazardous to human health. Lot of other things came into play as well.
    Stop trying to justify stories from Genesis with recently learned science....JUST STOP IT! We have no clue as to what the facts surrounding the Genesis stories are and need to just stop making crap up as we go along.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Stop trying to justify stories from Genesis with recently learned science....JUST STOP IT! We have no clue as to what the facts surrounding the Genesis stories are and need to just stop making crap up as we go along.
    What part did I make up?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    What part did I make up?
    Every part that is not specifically stated in the Bible, which is most of what you have come up with. There is no Biblical support that Adam and Eve even had other children at the time of the Cain and Abel accounting.

Royc,

I have pondered your 'explanation' for many, many years.

'Let "US" Make Man In "OUR" Image'

Who was God talking to???????????

To believe "we" are the only beings 'created' takes a little more naivete than I can muster.

One more thing.... Anyone that is an authenic follower and believer of the Bible would NEVER answer you in the manner some do here.
    Hypocrite is the word invented for them.

These people exhibit a unclean sprit in the way they CHOOSE to communicate with their FELLOW HUMANS.
    They are the 'BUSH' type Christians. Christians in NAME only, not IN DEEDS.

"By their works ye shall know them"
    "You love to use all the words that destroy, and the tongue that deceives."

WHERE in the Bible does it say "And God created this MAN and only this man."

WHERE in the book does it say "And God created this GALAXY and only this galaxy."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You 'so called' 'Christians' riddle me this.......
    Just for sake of wonder......

What if.... God or Gods whatever you prefer to believe, created a civilization similar to ours. You know an AdamsüMon and and EvesüMon and they didn't bend to the will of temptation.
    Maybe 'God' didn't subject this sect to the same temptations or the same 'Evil'.
    Maybe there was no 'tree of life' in the garden.
    Perhaps God didn't give this group the same degree of 'free will' he gave the humans.

The level of 'Free Will' that God bestowed upon 'mankind' has been nothing but TROUBLE for humans.

Suppose this civilization was given the EXACT same Bible (names changed to fit) and they followed the instructions explicitly.

All the death and destruction visited upon the civilization BY GOD could be eliminated.
    God wouldn't always be KILLING or having killed complete cities of folks.
    No more instructions to "KILL EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES" including children and animals.

What would that civilization be like after 5000 years? 10,000 years.
    One MILLION years??

Take out all the fighting, backbiting, lying, cheating, stealing and generally just being GIANT *******S.... what capability would that civilization have as far as interstellar space travel, etc.???

Just take out ONE human characteristic....
    Take away the desire to KILL everything that isn't just like you.... that's the biggest detriment to human progress, and what could those beings accomplish?

Ok Hypocrites, go to it. Ridicule me, my entire family andl lineage and everything I own including my pets.

That's how you have treated Royc.

I don't expect to be treated any better.

Such great Christians you are indeed.
    Me thinks your KIND would have been the ones God would have ordered to be TOTALLY destroyed.

Ah, we have another ufo freak. Beam me up Jim!

The original question notwithstanding....

Cain did express fear about the future, or perhaps both the present and the future.

How come?

What is the take home message?

Is it a message about unresolved guilt?
    Did Cain already have unresolved bitterness? I mean, why would you kill someone?
    I only ask at this point, but will lean toward "unresolved guilt" as a factor in the "answer" which I won't really give for exactly the reason that Robo states--
    don't want to insert into Scripture what is not there.

But guilt is a reality, so I'll go at least that far.

Now we still are considering OF WHOM was he to be afraid, right?

Good question.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Quote Originally Posted by VetNutJim View Post
    Royc,

I have pondered your 'explanation' for many, many years.

'Let "US" Make Man In "OUR" Image'

Who was God talking to???????????

To believe "we" are the only beings 'created' takes a little more naivete than I can muster.

One more thing.... Anyone that is an authenic follower and believer of the Bible would NEVER answer you in the manner some do here.
    Hypocrite is the word invented for them.

These people exhibit a unclean sprit in the way they CHOOSE to communicate with their FELLOW HUMANS.
    They are the 'BUSH' type Christians. Christians in NAME only, not IN DEEDS.

"By their works ye shall know them"
    "You love to use all the words that destroy, and the tongue that deceives."

WHERE in the Bible does it say "And God created this MAN and only this man."

WHERE in the book does it say "And God created this GALAXY and only this galaxy."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You 'so called' 'Christians' riddle me this.......
    Just for sake of wonder......

What if.... God or Gods whatever you prefer to believe, created a civilization similar to ours. You know an AdamsüMon and and EvesüMon and they didn't bend to the will of temptation.
    Maybe 'God' didn't subject this sect to the same temptations or the same 'Evil'.
    Maybe there was no 'tree of life' in the garden.
    Perhaps God didn't give this group the same degree of 'free will' he gave the humans.

The level of 'Free Will' that God bestowed upon 'mankind' has been nothing but TROUBLE for humans.

Suppose this civilization was given the EXACT same Bible (names changed to fit) and they followed the instructions explicitly.

All the death and destruction visited upon the civilization BY GOD could be eliminated.
    God wouldn't always be KILLING or having killed complete cities of folks.
    No more instructions to "KILL EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES" including children and animals.

What would that civilization be like after 5000 years? 10,000 years.
    One MILLION years??

Take out all the fighting, backbiting, lying, cheating, stealing and generally just being GIANT *******S.... what capability would that civilization have as far as interstellar space travel, etc.???

Just take out ONE human characteristic....
    Take away the desire to KILL everything that isn't just like you.... that's the biggest detriment to human progress, and what could those beings accomplish?

Ok Hypocrites, go to it. Ridicule me, my entire family andl lineage and everything I own including my pets.

That's how you have treated Royc.

I don't expect to be treated any better.

Such great Christians you are indeed.
    Me thinks your KIND would have been the ones God would have ordered to be TOTALLY destroyed.
    O-o-o-k-a-y.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

I would like to know where the woman Cain married came from, surely not his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by icchvac View Post
    Ah, we have another ufo freak. Beam me up Jim!
    This is somewhat like a believer in the Easter Bunny incredulously criticizing a belief in Santa.

At least people have observed UFOs. There is no evidence that says that they are alien, but still.

Have you had a visit from Jesus? Have you seen God? Been to Heaven? Seen prophecies come true with your own eyes?

I thought not.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

come on scrog, you know as well as I do, Fairy Tales can come true. Just look at Brittney or Paris

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    This is somewhat like a believer in the Easter Bunny incredulously criticizing a belief in Santa.

At least people have observed UFOs. There is no evidence that says that they are alien, but still.

Have you had a visit from Jesus? Have you seen God? Been to Heaven? Seen prophecies come true with your own eyes?

I thought not.
    So what makes you think you knew what my answer to those questions would be? It's just like Royc told me in another thread (or maybe it was this one?), you don't know me and have no idea what I would answer... blah blah whatever...
    Same situation here.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I would like to know where the woman Cain married came from, surely not his sister.
    Surely was.

Proud member of KA Club

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast