Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Cain And Able Mystery

Since we have some experts in the bible here, I would like someone to explain this..

9Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s guardian?” 10Then He said, “What have you done? Your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground! 11So now you are cursed [with alienation][37] from the ground that opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood you have shed. 12If you work the land, it will never again give you its yield. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.” 13But Cain answered the Lord, “My punishment[38] is too great to bear! 14Since You are banishing me today from the soil, and I must hide myself from Your presence and become a restless wanderer on the earth, whoever finds me will kill me.” 15Then the Lord replied to him, “In that case,[39] whoever kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.”[40] And He placed a mark on Cain so that whoever found him would not kill him. 16Then Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

– Genesis 4:9-16 (HCSB)

Ok, there was Adam and Eve the first, they had two sons named Cain and Able. So that was four before one was slain, so what persons was Cain so afraid of.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home...cains_wife.asp

The page at the link above gives a good answer for your question.

Adam & Eve had many children. It's just that only the first 3 were mentioned by name. People typically lived 600 or even 700 years and gave birth to many children in order to populate the earth. The events mentioned about Cain and Abel likely took place a century or 2 after their birth.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Great link, icc. Answers a lot of questions.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Adam & Eve had many children. It's just that only the first 3 were mentioned by name. People typically lived 600 or even 700 years and gave birth to many children in order to populate the earth. The events mentioned about Cain and Abel likely took place a century or 2 after their birth.
    All speculative and pretty much fabricated information.

The fact is that we have no clue as to what the answers are to most of Genesis's questions are. Not having absolute answers is not a problem for those of us of faith.

However, Boots possible scenario is one of many that can be utilized. The fact may be that we don't know, but this does not in any way negate that there is a viable answer. The answer to this question was either not relevant to the lesson being taught or possibly lost to antiquity.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

That does not answer my question "who was Cain afraid of". He could not, at that time, have known that his parents were going to have X amount of children. He was afaraid of his safety at that moment. Also the other supposed children of Adam and Eve would have been fully aware of Cain, since it would have been family history, not to mention that they would have been fully aware of their Gods vengence towards killing.

Its much more likely that they were made, just as we now have the ability today, by other beings from either ouside this planet or a civilization before. That would much better explain why the word God's is used, for there were more then one, and it explains "in our image".

If one looks at the bible with that in mind, everything makes sense, and it even explains why the original humans on this planet vanished, for they could not compete against the much more inteligent Adamo race.

The hebrews were not monotheistic they were henotheistic, they knew there were many gods, but picked one out of many, called the God of Abraham. The proof of that is obvious once one understands where the word Israel came from.

Also explains what Angels, Nephilims, Giants "walked the earth" are. I'm sorry people, I dont believe in magic and dont practice it, and dont listen to Shamans or self apointed Priest, Preachers, Kings or Queens, who have agendas that would make be bow down and worship them.

The sprit of this vast never ending universe, which we can rightly call God, has many races, maybe thousands, maybe even millions. We are just a grain of sand in this vastness, and its high time we realize it, and get out of the age of ignorance and use our given intelligents and science, to discover the wonders that lie ahead of us. This will never happens unless we realize were free agents, and throw off all encumberances that want to control and enslave us. And that includes all religions.....

Roy

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

That does not answer my question "who was Cain afraid of". He could not, at that time, have known that his parents were going to have X amount of children. He was afaraid of his safety at that moment. Also the other supposed children of Adam and Eve would have been fully aware of Cain, since it would have been family history, not to mention that they would have been fully aware of their Gods vengence towards killing.

Cain already knew of his siblings who had moved out and were occupying other lands. And he had killed his AND THEIR brother.

Its much more likely that they were made, just as we now have the ability today, by other beings from either ouside this planet or a civilization before. That would much better explain why the word God's is used, for there were more then one, and it explains "in our image".

This statement is simply without merit.

If one looks at the bible with that in mind, everything makes sense, and it even explains why the original humans on this planet vanished, for they could not compete against the much more inteligent Adamo race.

Of course. Silliness accepted makes sense to silly people.

The hebrews were not monotheistic they were henotheistic, they knew there were many gods, but picked one out of many, called the God of Abraham. The proof of that is obvious once one understands where the word Israel came from.

Duh! They were sinful like ALL of us.

Also explains what Angels, Nephilims, Giants "walked the earth" are.

That's YOUR version...not God's. Scripture expains Nphilim.

rry people, I dont believe in magic and dont practice it, and dont listen to Shamans or self apointed Priest, Preachers, Kings or Queens, who have agendas that would make be bow down and worship them.

Yea Me neither.

sprit of this vast never ending universe, which we can rightly call God, has many races, maybe thousands, maybe even millions. We are just a grain of sand in this vastness, and its high time we realize it, and get out of the age of ignorance and use our given intelligents and science, to discover the wonders that lie ahead of us. This will never happens unless we realize were free agents, and throw off all encumberances that want to control and enslave us. And that includes all religions.....

And God told you all this in your meeting with Him?

A-a-a-l-righty then.

Roy[/QUOTE]

Proud member of KA Club

I started with a long reply, but erased it, cause explaining anything to you, is just giving you ammo to ridicule.

Replying to you is just a waste of time, cause you will never be receptive to anything unless it passes the Boot litmus test.

Roy

Well hell Roy.... Your scenario is just as pause able as Boots..

The great pyramids and the parting of the sea seems more pauseable in your version....

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I started with a long reply, but erased it, cause explaining anything to you, is just giving you ammo to ridicule.

Replying to you is just a waste of time, cause you will never be receptive to anything unless it passes the Boot litmus test.

Roy
    I had a girlfriend give me that line of bullshiet once, she realized that her made up story was unbelievable too.

the Bible says adam and Eve were the first, not the only.

if we were meant to know the exact details, it would have been printed.

you think you found something but all you found was a technicality to close your mind.

People typically lived 600 or even 700 years
    we're talkin WAY before global warming

quote: People lived 600, even 700 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post

we're talkin WAY before global warming
    Actually we're talking predeluvian (sp?). Lives began getting drastically shorter after the flood. Frankly, direct sunlight is hazardous to human health. Lot of other things came into play as well.

Proud member of KA Club

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast