McQuay UV Micro-Tech II

Having a problem with McQuay UV controls. Theses unit ventilators were installed last summer in a school with Bacnet interface to an Alerton system. The units are equipped with a hot water coil, OA damper and a face and bypass damper.

These units are enabled for DCV using factory installed CO2 sensor. I believe the CO2 set-point is 1200 PPM.

Is there a way to write custom programs for the micro-tech using the McQuay laptop interface and software?

For example, I might want to try keeping the hot water coil flooded and modulating the F&BP dampers when the unit is not calling for heating in order to minimize draft complaints due to the 5% minimum outside air by tempering the outside air.

The teachers are covering the vents with books to eliminate drafts. These are floor mounted upflow unit ventilators. There is a teachers union grievance pending.

Thanks..Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDiglio View Post
    Having a problem with McQuay UV controls. Theses unit ventilators were installed last summer in a school with Bacnet interface to an Alerton system. The units are equipped with a hot water coil, OA damper and a face and bypass damper.

These units are enabled for DCV using factory installed CO2 sensor. I believe the CO2 set-point is 1200 PPM.

Is there a way to write custom programs for the micro-tech using the McQuay laptop interface and software?

For example, I might want to try keeping the hot water coil flooded and modulating the F&BP dampers when the unit is not calling for heating in order to minimize draft complaints due to the 5% minimum outside air by tempering the outside air.

The teachers are covering the vents with books to eliminate drafts. These are floor mounted upflow unit ventilators. There is a teachers union grievance pending.

Thanks..Paul
    Those Sob's are the biggest POS around. The programming is canned and you cant do much with it of a "custom" nature. If it were me I would just remove the damn heating and cooling valves and let the coils run wild and let the face do the work. Better control, better freeze protection in winter and much better dehumidifing capability in summer on these mold spore incubators. McQuay thinks the software and the connection tool are made of gold as well.
    They just plain Fn suck.

Link the Hot water valve open and remove the wires going to the control. Mcquay does not give you the HW valve Bacnet AO. If they showed all the outputs you could simple control it via bacnet.
    Mcquay = POS.
    Mcquay UV = Callbacks

There should be a low limit setpoint available to you. What temp is it blowing out? We never let them go below 62 while cooling. You could make the LL 70 when there is no call for cooling. You should be able to do that with a supervisor and not even getting into the device.

This should be a warranty issue (unless you company installed them). This is the good/bad about 'open' systems. Good that you could rip it out and put your brand in, bad for customer.

I tried to get the McProgram a few years ago and they wanted $5K !!!