Navy will waste $600,000 for a stupid complaint

The Navy has to pay to mask the Swastika design view from space thanks to Goggle Maps. This at a time when our Defence Dept funds are being cut and our troops need all the support they can get. PC reigns supreme in all forms of life nowadays.
    http://searchengineland.com/070927-113222.php

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Heh.....

That is be blamed on the idiots that approved the design in the first place.

Come on Glen, you have to find it kind of funny that it took google earth to make the general public aware of this....

PC or not, it might offend some sect of people, especially those of Jewish decent. On the other hand, it should come to elation to those of Bhuddist faith, because the Swastika represents the "ever turning wheel", which is a powerful religious icon...

Freakin' architects. They walk around in a haze. Their mama's must've hit the acid pretty hard.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Yeah but, the original designers had to sell their design through layers of government bureaucracy and approval sign offs. It was built in 67 and probably designed and approved in 65 - 66. That must have been interesting. All and all if you can forget the Swastika, the design appears to be very functional for a building complex. You have open areas accessible from both inside and outside the building complex. I guess you can call those who work there "Nazis".
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

The swastika was a symbol in many religions for thousands of years before the Nazis used it.

People need to get a freeking grip on reality.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

They had to have known, it's plain as day. They probably had a model of the finished building in it's little shrunk-to-scale surroundings and everything. At the very least, complete overhead view blueprints. Personally, I like the design. I can't beleive he just said that!
    CHECK PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT SHOT View Post
    They had to have known, it's plain as day. They probably had a model of the finished building in it's little shrunk-to-scale surroundings and everything. At the very least, complete overhead view blueprints. Personally, I like the design. I can't beleive he just said that!
    Architects are bad enough. But put one with a gummint beaurocrat and ya got a mess on yer hands.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

AMEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The swastika was a symbol in many religions for thousands of years before the Nazis used it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

The thing is, Mark, is that the most recent use of it, which is considered to have been during RECENT events, is that of an extremely oppressive regime, and is CURRENTLY the symbol of an extremely cruel and oppressive "society".

And back in the '60's was just 20 years after the Nazi oppression of Europe.

Should the building be changed? I don't think 600K is a bad price to change something so obviously painful for some.

A lot more hell has been raised and government money spent over the CSA Battle Flag. Gripe about that.

Proud member of KA Club

This is a perfect example of the government wasting our money. It is just four "L" shaped buildings, no more, no less. If you want get picky, why don't you consider the fact that they don't actually form a swastika since they aren't joined in the middle? If you were to look hard enough, I bet you could find buildings that resemble anything you want. Kind of like the ink blot test used by psychologists.

It DOES kinda look like a busted Swastika, don't it?

Proud member of KA Club