Recomm for Thermostat with Remote Sensor (Steam heat)

Hi, I hope someone can give me specific recommendations for what I ought to buy... I am the landlord for a 3-family rental apartment building, one apartment per floor, with an old steam heat boiler (produces the domestic hot water too), and cast iron steam radiators.

I want to put the thermostat for the boiler in the basement (locked up away from tenants) and have a remote sensor in either the first or second floor apartment.

I'm looking for an inexpensive solution. What brand/model of thermostat/sensor would you recommend for this type of heating system? Approximate price? (just approx). Is there an online source? (I haven't had much luck searching -- it's very confusing.)

(Some very basic programmability would be nice -- probably just a Day-versus-Night setting -- couldn't really get much more precise than that because each of the tenants will have slightly different schedules.)

Also, would the 2nd floor of the 3-story building be the best location for the sensor?

Thanks!
    John
    (OK to Private Message me if you prefer.)
    Last edited by JohnCritter; 12-09-2007 at 01:21 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCritter View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can give me specific recommendations for what I ought to buy... I am the landlord for a 3-family rental apartment building, one apartment per floor, with an old steam heat boiler (produces the domestic hot water too), and cast iron steam radiators.

I want to put the thermostat for the boiler in the basement (locked up away from tenants) and have a remote sensor in either the first or second floor apartment.

I'm looking for an inexpensive solution. What brand/model of thermostat/sensor would you recommend for this type of heating system? Approximate price? (just approx). Is there an online source? (I haven't had much luck searching -- it's very confusing.)

(Some very basic programmability would be nice -- probably just a Day-versus-Night setting -- couldn't really get much more precise than that because each of the tenants will have slightly different schedules.)

Also, would the 2nd floor of the 3-story building be the best location for the sensor?

Thanks!
    John
    (OK to Private Message me if you prefer.)
    very basic program is ok