Homeowner Q:Barometric draft damper rattle?

Have a 4-5 year-old Weil-McLain Gold with Carlin burner. Has worked great since installation. Had yearly tune up done a week or two ago, and now get this loud rattling from the draft damper on the chimney connector when the boiler runs. Makes a racket when cold, but settles down once it gets warmed up. Burner guy tells me it is a draft problem in the chimney, but could not explain to me why it has started all of a sudden. Chimney is clean and tight, nothing seems any different that it has ever been, but it has never done this before. Damper rattles back and forth like crazy - is it supposed to do this? Need a new one? Something to do with burner, etc? Why would it have just started doing this?

I'm stumped!

Thanks for help!!

Is the draft control weight still there?

Should be on the inside of the door to weight it down.

What john said.

Also, sometimes a tech tries to get a little better efficiency for the customer, and makes an adjustment to the burner. And littlle things like this happen.
    Ask them if they made any burner adjustments, and if so, can they reset them back to where they were.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Draft control is still there. The illustration on the manual that came with it shows a weight on the handle on the right side as you look at the damper, as well as the one on the back of the door, but it doesn't seem to have been installed on this one. I don't know if that is an issue or not.

Whether a tune-up could cause this is the million-dollar question. If it could, why would it run ragged at first, then smooth out after a minute or two? I get how a chimney draft issue would make it do that - it would run better once the chimney warmed up - but could a tune-up issue cause this?

What about water in the fuel? We did have an oil delivery no too long ago...

Water in the fuel would cause it to have the problem the whole time it is running.

And yes, an adjustment to the burner can cause the draft regulator to rumble at start up, and then settle down after the chimney warms up.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Needs a burner adjustment.
    It sounds like flame pulsations caused by the turbulator losing its flame retention.
    It happens a lot with Carlin Elite EZ 1 burners if its not set up perfectly.