Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scotsman Icemaker Model CO630

I have red blinking light and code 2 flashing. I reset but works and stop in harvest mode.

Need more info.

Does the machine produce and drop ice in harvest before it shuts down. How long does it take. How is the water level. is the unit clean.If it shuts down after it drops ice or during ,just clean the eyeballs.They are on either side below the ice grid.Take side panels off.A 2 flash i think is refrig,diagnostic.It will lockout during harvest if no ice is seen dropping by the eyes.I call them eyes. I forgot what they are actually called.&5% of the time, ice machines shut down due to in-sufficient maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by levert22 View Post
    I have red blinking light and code 2 flashing. I reset but works and stop in harvest mode.
    http://www.scotsman-ice.com/docs/upl..._manual_AW.pdf

I just cleaned the unit a month ago. It will get to harvest mode and operate in harvest maybe 3 minutes and unit will go into alarm mode. I just pulled the water level sensor, and the water temp sensor to clean. I just replaced the water filter also and the unit ran for two cycles and went back to code 2. I didn't see the eyeballs. This unit just have the curtain with a sensor telling the motherboard the ice dropped. I will look again for them. I received a bin full code once after a cycle but the bin is empty. I looked for the sensor in the bin but undetected. Water level is good. Should I run the cleaning solution through the system ?

Yeah, a prodigy won't have bin eyes If it didn't doesn't drop ice within three minutes, i think it will lock out. If it is dropping, you have a bad curtain switch

Ok, Thank you

Is it harvesting within that three minute time?

The meaning of the code should be listed on the door, I can't remember what they are offhand. If the magnetic switch on the curtain was bad, I don't think it would even start a cycle, thinking the bin was full. Check the thickness of your ice, it may be too thick or freezing over to the sides of evap or even to ice probe itself.
    Check the bin switch by opening and closing the curtain while watching the light on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgentleman2 View Post
    The meaning of the code should be listed on the door, I can't remember what they are offhand. If the magnetic switch on the curtain was bad, I don't think it would even start a cycle, thinking the bin was full. Check the thickness of your ice, it may be too thick or freezing over to the sides of evap or even to ice probe itself.
    Check the bin switch by opening and closing the curtain while watching the light on the board.
    That would depend on if the switch failed open or closed...

Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    That would depend on if the switch failed open or closed...
    True dat, that's why he should look for the light while manipulating the curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgentleman2 View Post
    True dat, that's why he should look for the light while manipulating the curtain.
    Yeah, I have this nagging feeling that this is a DIY though....

Yeah, I think so, everything they need to know is on the label on the door,,, in english,, The rest is just common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast