Odor from High Efficiency?

Had a new Lennox G61v installed this year, and recently, I've noticed a foul odor on the side of my house near the exhaust pipe. There is no odor in the house, and the unit is working great. I realize that that this could be a dead animal or something like that, but I haven't seen anything, and my dogs would be obsessed with something like that. However, I was wondering if anybody else has experienced a foul smell from the exhaust of a high efficiency furnace? By the way, when it is running and I am standing near the exhaust, the smell does not appear to be coming out of the pipe. Could this be furnace issue? I am trying to rule everything out before I call for service, since I assume its a dead animal.

Well, we're HVAC techs, not exterminators so the best a tech on scene could tell you is whether the furnace is or is not the culprit. What I can tell you is that a good tech with a good combustion analyzer shoud be able to quickly analize the combustion by-products and determine if there's a problem. A cross contaminated combustion process is pretty smelly and produces prodigious amount of CO (Carbon Monoxide) in deadly amounts. So yes, call the tech immediately, inspect the area around the exhaust to be sure it's all sealed tightly so exhaust gasses can't get back into the home and don't open any windows.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Thanks. Like I said, no odor at all near the furnace or in the house. CO detectors in the area by the furnace, and in the room next door (with digital readout showing 0) (furnace is in basement) My main question was whether it was possible for the furnace to produce the odor, so that I don't waste the tech's time (and my money) on a service call if it's not possible.

i have never smelled anything out of a high efficiency furnace exhaust.
    the fact that you don't smell it at the exhaust when furnace is running makes me believe it is not the furnace.

if it was one i put in and you had concerns about it i would want to know, give the installer a call and ask him to stop by .

Thanks for the reply, the complicating factor is we have several inches of snow here in the Chicago area, and the smell is near some bushes, so it is hard to see if there's something dead down there... Or if its buried in the bushes or some leaves. I guess I will get my rake out and dig for dead stuff tomorrow