Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    My most used tool would be the dewalt 7.2 power driver. It is light, the handle changes angles, and it has plenty of torque. It is not fast, (I use an impact driver for installs), but it is good for repair work. You can feel what you're doing(unlike an impact), and the clutch works very well to keep from stripping screws on terminal strips and control boards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000051WQV

Quote Originally Posted by unionguy View Post
    digital psycrometer, I've found lot's of uses since I bought one

UG
    I agree, I was the first guy at my last company to ever get one. All of a sudden they started sending me on all the calls that needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    You've got to be kidding me, when I'm on vacation I'm on "Vacation" time to forget about what I even do for a living, let the hands heal, come back with no dirt in my calluses, or under my fingernails. If the AC doesn't work in the hotel room they will be taking something off the room price, and they will fix it.
    I was doing a late night service call at some condos on the beach, and the wife said, Oh yeah my husband does AC work. the Husband came through and said, ill be on the beach having a drink, let me know when your done...I know when Im on vacation Im sure not working either.

Quote Originally Posted by TCreacy View Post
    I agree, I was the first guy at my last company to ever get one. All of a sudden they started sending me on all the calls that needed it.
    Funny how that works.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

This screwdriver.

http://www.amazon.com/IDEAL-9-IN-1-R...6937168&sr=1-1

I didn't realize how much I hated twisting wire nuts on until I got this screw driver. I'm probably one of the only guys who bought one of these from the supply house who actually uses the wire nut wrench. Their loss. Also, the 7/16 nutdriver and the ratcheting mechanism are real bonuses. I carry a 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 driver bits in my pocket. I use them in this screw driver when the drill isn't worth the trouble of going back after. I never use the 1/4 and 5/16 drivers on any of these types of screwdrivers. They round out and make it difficult to get the bits in and out of them. A round of black tape will hold real driver bits in the 1/4 inch side of the screw driver. I also use the stem as a bit extension for my cordless drill. I just chuck down on the phillips bit on the 5/16 end.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 03-31-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Every call I always Bring:

1. Testo 317-3 Carbon Monoxide Detector

2. Fluke 902 HVAC meter

3. Whatever POS LED flashlight I'm using that day

I think that I might actually cry if I didn't have my digital camera. I take a picture of the rating plate of the unit I am working on on the roof and take a picture of the part that needs to be replaced. That way no paperwork on the roof - except for PMs.
    Also if I go on a resi call and my seesnake gets pulled out...someones usually in for a new furnace.
    If at first you don't succeed; charge, charge, charge again.

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I went into the new LOWES here in Hamilton that just opened and took alook around and the one thing that I did buy was a IRWIN 9-1 screwdriver. I was looking for a screw driver that could do it all and made more room in my tool bag.

http://www.irwin.com/irwin/resources...crewdriver.pdf

Peter

I read your post last night and picked one up today.

If I had a belt holder for that screwdriver along with my Gerber and 2AA led mag lite and Fluke 20-90 volt stick I would be all set for just about anything I come across in a day. Resi service. I like the nut drivers on this screwdriver nice and solid.

Peter
    Last edited by ptemko; 04-03-2008 at 10:05 PM.

cannot live without my multi-meter i won't start a brand battle with this post either!!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I use this on every job, without fail, and if you don't consider it technically a "tool", then just go a few more years without using one.

http://www.directsafety.com/art/NewT207/24766.gif
    "Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

I have the same one but I cut the handle off so it will fit inside my Veto Pro Pac XL. Best thing to kneel on I have found so far without wearing knee pads.

Peter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast