Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    i pull out my gauges on every call mostly heat pumps in my location love my new YJ digitals!!! they're already paying for themselves
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I can't go anywhere without a Klein 11in1, a Fluke T-5 600,
    and a Mini-mag.

i could not live without this guy

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T....aspx?catid=63
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

one of my most used and very valuable (even though its free) is my pocket screwdriver

I'd say that the one tool that I have with me no matter the project which I didn't know I needed till I was given the idea by a co-worker is a Digital Voice Recorder. It is so much faster than jotting things down on a piece of paper and if I'm asking for some information verbatum from someone else... they can just talk right into the recorder. My company recently got me a new cell phone that has a recorder built into it so that makes my load even lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnPrana View Post
    I'd say that the one tool that I have with me no matter the project which I didn't know I needed till I was given the idea by a co-worker is a Digital Voice Recorder. It is so much faster than jotting things down on a piece of paper and if I'm asking for some information verbatum from someone else... they can just talk right into the recorder. My company recently got me a new cell phone that has a recorder built into it so that makes my load even lighter.
    Thats a good Idea

It could also help to keep track of time on a job when you are running around like a fool on the really hot of cold days
    I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.

What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

1) klein 10 in 1 (although having seen the Irwin may be time for a change, I was going to try the Lenox 9 in 1 but the Irwin looks even better)

2) cell phone

3) fluke volt tick

4) jumpers

5) yellow jacket led

6) lunch money

does anyone

take their tool box,small carriable with them on vacation,screw having to get maintance to make repair at hotel at 9 pm,i have swapped room rates for repair,smalll stuff, a few times,
    If you build it they will come,,,they built it and they went.

Quote Originally Posted by fgp6889 View Post
    take their tool box,small carriable with them on vacation,screw having to get maintance to make repair at hotel at 9 pm,i have swapped room rates for repair,smalll stuff, a few times,
    You've got to be kidding me, when I'm on vacation I'm on "Vacation" time to forget about what I even do for a living, let the hands heal, come back with no dirt in my calluses, or under my fingernails. If the AC doesn't work in the hotel room they will be taking something off the room price, and they will fix it.

I've had to travel out of town more than once for my employer and almost as many times I've had to make a minor repair to one of those PTACs in the wall, usually it's a squeaky blower wheel that I have to adjust and then clean the filter and evap coil since motel maintenance doesn't do it very well. Once that's done I can sleep well.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

I was sent down to Virgina Beach for a one week job many years in the past.
    Stayed at some beach front roach motel. Worked nights and could not sleep during the day due to all the noise from the units on the roof. Asked the mgr to move my room---no such luck. VA Beach is packed during spring break, at least it was in the early 90s. Did the PMs on the units, got some sleep, and a free weekend at the beach. Never did return to that hole in a wall excuse for a motel to get my free weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by william antley View Post
    I've had to travel out of town more than once for my employer and almost as many times I've had to make a minor repair to one of those PTACs in the wall, usually it's a squeaky blower wheel that I have to adjust and then clean the filter and evap coil since motel maintenance doesn't do it very well. Once that's done I can sleep well.
    We were usually placed in "crack alley".
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Last summer went on week’s vacation to the wife’s grandmother in Colorado to do some offloading. While we were there I replaced her boiler & water heater, A/C, shower, toilet, kitchen sink, ran a line for her dryer and re hung her front door so it actually locked. It was almost a relief to get back to work. Thank god Homey Depot lets you return tools when you’re not satisfied after a couple of days.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast