Infinity compatibilty with older Carrier gas furnace?

I have an Infinity controller, Weathermaker 8000 VS (58cva) , and Bryant 286ANA heat pump. This all worked fine last year. This year I am starting to get "25 - Model/Setup Errors". This usually happens on a switch over from the heat pump to the gas furnace, and, the result is no heat.

I called my hvac company, which sold me all of the equipment, out and the tech said my system was fine. He did a reset on the gas furnace, which got the gas furnace working, and, he told me that my gas furnace wasn't really compatible with the Infinity controller. He said he would have recommended a different thermastat.

This morning, I got another "25-Model/Setup" error, and, the heat was off. I power cycled the gas furnace, and that got it working again. Should I replace my Infinity controller? I am not too thrilled to wake up to house with no heat.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    He did a reset on the gas furnace, which got the gas furnace working.

I would be wondering what reset he is reseting before I went any further, if you have an
    issue that is causing a safety to open you need to address that first then go from there,
    someone is putting the cart before the horse, unless I just don't understand what your saying
    here, I am still on my first cup of coffee.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

My service tech isn't really communicative, so, all I got was that he did a reset on the furnace. I think the safety got open due to my power cycling the furnace a few times in an attempt to get heat.

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I think the safety got open due to my power cycling the furnace a few times in an attempt to get heat.
    Power Cycling?? No I don't think that is what happened at all, and I would find me a more "communicative" service guy, unless you just want to buy a new furnace and if that's the case carry on.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Don't replace the UI.

Control board needs to be replaced. It's a known issue. There's a service bulletin that was released last December.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

is replacing the control board a warranty item?

It would be also helpful for me to have the service bulletin number, as my hvac service provider isn't likely to look this up without my prodding.

I am glad its just the control board, its a 4 year old furnace, so, I am not keen to replace it, or the UI (3yr).

I am really thankful for the help. hvac-talk is a great resource.

Going from memory...

I believe it is DSB05-51. Somewhere in that neighborhood.

Essentially says that you'll get the FC25 on dual fuel applications with control boards older than date code 3905.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

thanks, I will call my hvac company tomorrow