Network 8000 Acronyms

Just started using TAC Signal 4.4 software. Does anyone have a list of commonly used acronyms and their meanings for this software. This would really help me in tracing the type of alarm and location of any problems. This job has been thrown on me abruptly and I have to pick up on it rather quickly.
    Thanks in advance.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

If you are talking about alarm titles they are name by the installer. a COS is 'change of state'. A COS:AHU1 is not going to tell you anything, you have to go to the COS block and see what is inputting it.

Thanks. I'm just starting to learn how to navigate through the software. The Exceptions Manager seems to be the place to go through the alarms successfully. Any tips are appreciated.
    -Pat Riley

ALARM is numeric alarm (temperature, humidity, pressure, etc.). It alarms based on alarm value and return from alarm value set-up in the GCM Blocks (as incontrol said you would have to look at the Block in the GCM to see what the setup parameters are). The alarm will come in as a low alarm (input lower than alarm value which is lower than return value) or high alarm (input higher than alarm value which is higher that return value).

Post a list of some of the exceptions for interpretation.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ddcctrl View Post
    ALARM is numeric alarm (temperature, humidity, pressure, etc.). It alarms based on alarm value and return from alarm value set-up in the GCM Blocks (as incontrol said you would have to look at the Block in the GCM to see what the setup parameters are). The alarm will come in as a low alarm (input lower than alarm value which is lower than return value) or high alarm (input higher than alarm value which is higher that return value).

Post a list of some of the exceptions for interpretation.
    Good explanation, ddcctrl. I will post the exceptions list tomorrow.
    -Pat Riley

ALM # DESCRIPTION

03092 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM07 12/07/07 8:59OMWTRLO LOW A

03084 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM04 12/07/07 8:02 COS:P10FLOW OFF R

03080 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM07 12/07/07 8:57 ALARM:HX1LWT LOW R

03076 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM07 12/07/07 6:50 ALARM:HX1LWT LOW A

03092 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM07 12/07/07 8:59 ALARMOMWTRLO
    LOW A

03088 ALARM NET01:GCM01:LCM07 12/07/07 8:57 ALARMOMWTRLO
    LOW R

Exceptions list from my job site.

Sorry about the smile faces. I have no idea why they are there. Should say dom for domestic water.
    -Pat Riley

I would guess the COS alarm is for a pump. The OFF R means the condition has returned to normal. The COS block usually compares the equipment status with the equipment command. If the alarm says ON ALRM then this means the equipment is commanded OFF but the status input is ON. If the alarm says OFF ALRM this means the equipment is commanded ON but the input status is OFF. There can be an alarm delay of 0-20 minutes setup in the block.

The ALARM blocks shown here are all setup as low limit alarms, i.e. the temperature has dropped below the limit setup in the ALARM block. Here again the alarm comes in as LOW A, then when the temperature rises above the return value in the block the exception says LOW R for LOW return (probably in this case the return text was cut off when copied).

NET01:GCM01:LCM07: I guess this is obvious, but this tells which controller in the system the alarm originates from.

Interesting. I guess my next question is the procedure to gain access to the GCM alarm block. In the case of this exceptions list, the block is in GCM01. How do I find the alarm parameters?:
    -Pat Riley

The descriptors are space limited but you can probably decode them.
    HX1LWT is probably HeatExchanger1LowWaterTemp, etc. Click on any displayed point on the screen and that will bring up a box with several choices. Click on Terminal. Type your username, Enter, password, Enter, arrow over to Blocks, Enter, Edit, and it's your responsibility after that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    The descriptors are space limited but you can probably decode them.
    HX1LWT is probably HeatExchanger1LowWaterTemp, etc. Click on any displayed point on the screen and that will bring up a box with several choices. Click on Terminal. Type your username, Enter, password, Enter, arrow over to Blocks, Enter, Edit, and it's your responsibility after that.
    Cool. Thanks incontrol. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    -Pat Riley

The LIMIT ALARM block is not hard to figure out there are 8 initial programming parameters along with 5 inputs and 4 outputs, basically you have an alarm limit setpoint at which the ALARM will activate, and a return from alarm value at which the ALARM will end.

The manuals are available from a secondary source other than TAC , INVENSYS , SIEBE , BARBER - COLMAN , the 1 for GCM / LCM is around 670 pages and is F-23120-1