Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clean air

Hmm clean air

opinions please--Lennox Pure Air Versus Trane Clean Effects?

clean air

Hands down the Pure Air is the best filtration on the market!! The Trane Clean Effects is being dubbed as "Ole Smokie". The Clean Effects has been linked to a few fires in return ductwork. Also the Trane product produces O-zone which is a known lung irritant.
    The Pure Air produces no 0-zone, uses a MERV16 (hospital grade) filtration along with UVA bulbs that interact with a titanium dioxide catalyst to remove chemicals, odors and bioareosols.
    A lot of technical info, but the Pure Air is the best! I have one in my house...

Lennox Pure Air for the reasons stated above.
    Its a good Life!

Quote Originally Posted by PLDC View Post
    Hands down the Pure Air is the best filtration on the market!! The Trane Clean Effects is being dubbed as "Ole Smokie". The Clean Effects has been linked to a few fires in return ductwork. Also the Trane product produces O-zone which is a known lung irritant.
    The Pure Air produces no 0-zone, uses a MERV16 (hospital grade) filtration along with UVA bulbs that interact with a titanium dioxide catalyst to remove chemicals, odors and bioareosols.
    A lot of technical info, but the Pure Air is the best! I have one in my house...

Trane Clean Effects has NEVER been linked to return duct fires.

There are 7 documented cases where the homeowner washed the cells and installed them back into the cabinet WET.
    This caused arching and some smoke. NO FIRES!
    What is the clean air delivery rate of the Lennox Pure Air?
    Trane is 99.98% efficient at removing particles down to .3 microns.
    This is more efficient than HEPA filtration.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Don't know about the problems with the Clean Effects so I shouldn't have agreed with the whole post above.

The Pureair is the only quality system to attack all three classes of contaminants, 95% small breathable particals to .3 microns, 90% airborn mold spores, bacteria and viruses to .01 microns and 50% of odors. It also does not produce and destroys ozone a known lung irritant.

The only downfall with the pureair is that the insides need to be replaced once a year and can be a little costly. It depends on how much you value your clean air and what you are trying to accomplish with the system

I would say its a matter of opinion which is the best. The problem that I have with electronic air cleaners is that they loose the high efficiency unless kept very clean. I have never installed a Trane unit and have no idea what is inside.
    Its a good Life!

Pure Air has a CADR of 1900 VS. Clean Effects 1200. Trane proposed the Clean Air Delivery Rating for their own product. What is the MERV Rating of the Trane??? Exactly..... The Pure Air beat the Clean Effects at it's own game.
    I do not have records if the Clean Effects has caught fire from personal experience however, Dec. Consumer Reports states the Clean Effects can cause arching inside the duct work which the last time I checked arching can cause a fire.
    Clean Effects can filter better than a HEPA for about 15 days. Then welcome to your nice crawl space every month to clean it!

Thumbs up

JJER,
    Just a little FYI here in South Carolina I have seen the Clean Effects quoted from other companies as high as $x!!!!
    The Pure Air usually should retail between $x installed.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 12-06-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: removed pricing

Red face

Sorry about the prices board. I missed that one.....

Quote Originally Posted by PLDC View Post
    Hands down the Pure Air is the best filtration on the market!! The Trane Clean Effects is being dubbed as "Ole Smokie". The Clean Effects has been linked to a few fires in return duct work. Also the Trane product produces O-zone which is a known lung irritant.
    PDLC you might ought to do a little research first to get your facts straight before slamming a manufacture. Trane had a recall from arcing from the cells not burning down the house.
    Two Lennox uses a Merv 16 filter because there catalyst isn't sufficient enough to remove all the biologics so they have to do it with a filter that is a burden to most HVAC systems from the pressure drop across the filter. Also because they use UVA lighting instead of UVC lighting to activate the catalyst. You do not receive the benefits of biologic reduction from the germicidal lighting . A considerable amount of biologics will make it passed a high merv rated filter. Lennox's Pure Air is a great product but could be better. Take a look at my avatar that is a 100 ton chiller with 6 inch thick catalyst panels in a VA hospital . There requirements for a filter were only a Merv 6 we upped them to a merv 13.
    EACs will work until the cells get contaminated then they loose efficiency quickly. I don't think I would want to trust the filtration to magnetism when a trusty filter will work till it loads up then shut the system down. On an EAC when it quits working you will know when the coil plugs up, simple is better
    Last edited by genesis; 12-07-2007 at 07:44 PM.

PureAir hands down. No maintenance and it doesn't produce ozone!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Carrier Infinity Air Purifier,is the tops!!Okay,that's what we selll,what about the other recomendations??

The infinity probable has had the least mechanical complaints out of most of the residential products on the market. But its still and EAC and way over marketed with claims it cant substantiate.
    And heatingman you are very correct about not creating ozone. But you better check the prices on the mini pleats for the unit . And wait till you get a load of the prices on the bulbs. And by the way the catalyst has to be changes on a set interval also. You just don't plug it in and leave it. The annual and biannual maintenance is rather high. But at least it will remove VOCs and particulate like it states on the advertisements.

Wink

Thanks for the info--I am going with the Pure AIr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast