+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are we using ""nozzles"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Why are we using ""nozzles"?

Hello All, Just have a question on my mind and would really appreciate someone to shed light on. I just started in the supermarket side [from residential] 2 months ago. We are doing grocery store reno's, and I am becoming great at brazing and doing kick plates =]. Anyhow We have 3 walk ins with the evaps to install tomorow. The TXV for each came seperatley. We opened up one of the evaps and I was shown these "orifices" as someone called them, and to make sure I install the correct one for the correct refrigerant. I looked on the package and they were labeled as nozzles. I didnt get as far as seeing if their was any literature on them.

Long story short I was curious why would the system need an orifice if its going to employ a TXV to meter refrigerant? And if it's job isnt to meter refrigerant whats the purpose of it?
    gahh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skr0oface View Post
    Long story short I was curious why would the system need an orifice if its going to employ a TXV to meter refrigerant? And if it's job isnt to meter refrigerant whats the purpose of it?

You are correct, the nozzle is not a metering device. It's job is to distribute the refrigerant equally and evenly throughout the distributor tubes, after it's metered by the TXV, into the evap. This prevents the refrigerant from shooting through the path of least resistance. Which will cause the bottom rows of the evap to remove heat more efficiently than the top . This sometimes causes the bottom rows to ice up.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Awesome, I understand now. Thanks
    gahh

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Dogonit - Saturday and I learned something. I hate when that happens

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in