+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grounding flexible gas connector?

Post Likes

Grounding flexible gas connector?

I have been given a home inspection on a friend's house. The inspector made a comment that "(CSST) gas piping does not appear to be properly grounded as required
    for new installations by the manufacturer"

The gas supply is all black iron. The point he is talking about is the 18" Coated Flexible Gas Connector between the black iron and the water heater.

If the black iron is properly grounded at the meter, is there anything else required?

Post Likes
    inform him that the flexible connector is not ccst
    askhim to show you the code

Post Likes
    If the house is plumbed with all black iron pipe, I doubt bonding is required.
    The last time I checked, a flexible appliance connector did not fall under csst rules. Your local code law may differ.

If they used csst for a short supply line, technically it needs bonded.
    Check your local codes or ask your local plumbing inspector before doing anything.

Post Likes
    Dontcha just love home inspectors. Had one tell a homeowner that their A/C wasn't operating properly. They called me out to check it out. walked around the house looking for a condensing unit,,,,,,None. Asked H/O why the inspector thought there was an A/C, Was because there was a heating-Cooling Stat installed on the wall.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    Dontcha just love home inspectors. Had one tell a homeowner that their A/C wasn't operating properly. They called me out to check it out. walked around the house looking for a condensing unit,,,,,,None. Asked H/O why the inspector thought there was an A/C, Was because there was a heating-Cooling Stat installed on the wall.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    "but my book and community college education tells me your doing it wrong"-local home inspector

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in