iLON 100 FTP access

Tried to ftp to my iLON today with no luck. Never had a problem before but it has been a while since I tried. Contribute will not connect either. Can access web pages fine. Tried a reboot and security access reset to check user and password etc.
    I had made the last updates to modules and bootrom, could there be a problem there? Any ideas?

Have you tried to access the ILON in passive mode for FTP? Is this being port forwarded thru a switch? can you ping port 21 on the ILON to see if it is open? you can use DNStools.com to check it. Did you try to reset the FTP in Hyper terminal? Any one of these things could indicate where the problems is. So ISP have restrictions on port or the ip address that is on the ILON has a FTP server associated with it already so that may also be the reason for unable to FTP into the ILON.
    In Contribute you can select the advanced tab choose setting to manual and then uncheck any items under this setting and try to connect again, this will remove how contribute will connect to the site, if this does not work then select passaive mode next and if that does not work then the last choice is performance optimization mode.
    Hope this helps Dapper

lonshooter, I can ping port 21. Contribute response is 'server is not accepting connections'. No ISP problem, it is my home system. Tried access through router with 'outside' IP address through port fowarding, same. Have not tried HyperTerm yet. Will fool with Contribute settings later. Passive mode was tried. Tried ftp in dos, it seems to connect, then message, 'server has disconnected'.

Thanks for the help.

Did some more digging. The iLON is ok. There is only one computer that I cannot use to FTP to the iLON. Running XP Pro. Any ideas?

Problem solved. Something in 'Windows Firewall' was blocking FTP. Stopped service then restarted. Can access iLON with all programs now. Looked in firewall configuration but found no setting to block FTP.