Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My space and teen's suicide

Don't know if this story has gone 'national' but it happened in Dardenne Prairie about a 45 minute drive from here.
    Anyway, yesterday it was announced that no charges would be filed regarding the perp's.
    http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com...7031547461.txt

Now, I don't have any children but I'm pretty much bumfoozled as to how these people can be getting away with what is essentially murder. I feel that if it were my daughter that had died my feelings toward these people would be pretty...angry.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Wow! Being the parent of a daughter I've always been concerned about MySpace. Luckily she's just about outgrown it.

Incredible!! I lost count of all the things going on, according to that story, that should never have happened in the first place.

If it was my daughter, their house would resemble a fire.

I dont have a daughter, but If that were my Daughter, they would have never found the responsible party's bodies ever again!

#2 I question why the mother of the dead daughter was not more involved in her Daughters life, and had been proactive enough in raising her, that she could not detect a serious change in her daughter's mental state and attitude. IMO A 14 yr old Teen has all kinds of emotions, and insecurities and "Issues" in their lives and I belive that as parents we should be on top of things going on in their lives and be knowledgable about how to correctly talk to them, guide them and deal with said Issues BEFORE drastic measures are taken into their own hands!

Btw I have 3 Boys of different age's, 1 of which is a child prodigy
    and Bi Polar under medication, and that has a whole set of issues in it self belive me ! the melt downs he has at times can be challenging to say the least!

I question why the mother of the dead daughter was not more involved in her Daughters life, and had been proactive enough in raising her, that she could not detect a serious change in her daughter's mental state and attitude.
    Unfortunately that is a huge problem these days. When my daughter was in school it was painfully obvious that most kids parents weren't the least bit involved. My kid was in a dance team of about 20 girls, I was one of about 3 dads and 5 moms that came to the events and supported their kids. We never even got to meet most of the parents 'cause they never came around. The other girls were starving for parental support and affirmation. Quite sad actually.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Don't know if this story has gone 'national' but it happened in Dardenne Prairie about a 45 minute drive from here.
    Anyway, yesterday it was announced that no charges would be filed regarding the perp's.
    http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com...7031547461.txt

Now, I don't have any children but I'm pretty much bumfoozled as to how these people can be getting away with what is essentially murder. I feel that if it were my daughter that had died my feelings toward these people would be pretty...angry.
    I would think there is a "wrongful death" suite here someplace, after all the other lady admitted to the hoax?
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Aye, one would think that is going to be the next step. There have been several municipalities (including that one) to enact laws concerning this type of thing but they probably won't be held up as constitutional (so the lawyers think).
    How can that woman live with herself, being a mother that was supposed to be looking out for her own daughter? There are some sad pieces of **** out there in this world, this is probably one of them.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    As a father to 3 girls in their teens I find this sickening. To let my emotions cloud things their family tree would get a big dose of Round Up! Other than that I hope that the burden on those that are guilty is more than they could bear.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Did the two teenage girls have a friendship and then a falling-out at some point? Then one of the girls pretended to be a teenage boy, and with the full knowledge of her mother, pretended to be interested in the other girl?

Okay, the involvement of the mother is the part that is twisted.

But it's not murder.

And all y'all threatening to inflict harm on the mother or the daughter are wrong.

Does it make you feel better to threaten others?

Cyberspace is not a place for children to wander. There are WAY too many people who are cloaked in anonymity, who then become almost weirdos. or worse yet, who become outright weirdos. And then they look to put it on somebody else.

Another sad story...
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Hey Doc, I don't think people on here are actually "threatening" harm but they would certainly "feel" that were their family involved. That being said, there is an ongoing fallout for all involved in this situation.
    The girls were originally friends, had a falling out and the daughter, Mother and one of the Mother's employees perpetuated the hoax of the boy on myspace upon the girl. They knew that the girl had issues in her life (ADD, etc.) and was on medication because she had even taken vacations with them etc. The fake boyfriend was created because she wouldn't accept their invites as friends using their own names on myspace. They wanted to see if she would say bad things if given the opening.
    And yes, the adults in this thing should be punished in some way most of us feel. It showed a total lack of judgment. But, the Mother has now lost her business (advertising) and there are many of her previous customers that are getting calls about losing business because they were her clients etc. The daughter is now in homeschooling because of the situation and the 18 yr old employee is in a psychiatric treatment facility. This story is on the news every single day here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Did the two teenage girls have a friendship and then a falling-out at some point? Then one of the girls pretended to be a teenage boy, and with the full knowledge of her mother, pretended to be interested in the other girl?

Okay, the involvement of the mother is the part that is twisted.

But it's not murder.

And all y'all threatening to inflict harm on the mother or the daughter are wrong.

Does it make you feel better to threaten others?

Cyberspace is not a place for children to wander. There are WAY too many people who are cloaked in anonymity, who then become almost weirdos. or worse yet, who become outright weirdos. And then they look to put it on somebody else.

Another sad story...
    To be clear, I made no threat to anyone.
    what I stated was cut and dry!
    I would carry out exactly as I stated if that were to happen to my daughter if I had one!

I was pretty stunned by the story for different reasons.

My SIL lives next to Dardenne Prairie and her son's name is Josh Evans.

I wondered if he was being used. But it seems that he was not connected. It was eerie listening to the story and knowing that you wife's nephew lived near where this tragedy happened.

I've posted video of Josh and his band Feed The Flame on this site.

Again, he is not connected but what a coincidence.

I think that the prosecutor is wrong for not pursuing charges against those involved. There has to be some repercussions for driving someone to commit suicide.

BTW, I heard that Megan's parents were storing a game table for the other family and they chopped it up and dropped it off in their driveway. Good for them. I would have probably done the same and then set the thing on fire.

Also, I have been hearing a commercial for cyberbullying on the radio before I heard the story. Now that I have heard the story, I wish the creators of that spot would have used a different name than Megan. I just seems that Megan is still being mocked even after she has passed. They probably did it to remind the mother that did this to Megan, but I don't thinks it's fair to Megan. Even if she is no longer here.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast