Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    then try to just drag drop the palette and drop directly on a something like a points folder in the nav tree. If you don't have copy and paste on objects in the nav tree, then you likely have an issue with permissions.

You should be able to make the other method work from the px page editor without having to use the palette or pasting things into the nav tree.

I wonder does it matter that I am just using a laptop hooked to the fx40 through the IP with a browser? I dont have a working copy of workbench pro. i have it but it needs to be licensed for me to use it.
    anyway I am logged in as a user I created with admin priveleges and I have tryed this with the default admin password that you use when the fx is new. and I cant find anyway to right click on anything in the nav window and get a "paste" option.
    I will be trying the other suggestion today. that you wrote. thanx

GregF

What all are trying to tell is you have to copy/drag the currenttime in kitcontrol into the station. If you drag the time into the graphic from kitcontrol it will through an error into the xml. I always copy it to the config folder and use it from there. You can in fact do alot of the programming from the browser however as stated you have to have a hi enough log on. If this is how you want to program a jace then you should by the jace with the enbedded workbench. That way you can do almost every thing from a browser and its cheap.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not but here are a couple of things to look at in the user(s) that you use to login.

Make sure the WebProfile is set to Default Wb Web Profile

Set the nav file to null (this will set the navigation to the default)

Make sure your Permissions are set to superuser

Just a few thoughts, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    the wiresheet is just the programming view that shows the object and how they are linked together. I think because you are working through the web workbench that you might not have that view accessible, especially if the right jar files aren't loaded.

Copy the object from kitControl and just past it to a folder in the nav tree. When you expand that folder that you pasted it to, you should see the object listed in the nav tree.

Drag the object from the nav tree onto your px page.

You cannot just the object directly from kitControl to your px page, because it is a control object and is designed to be in the context of a certain container. The object then retrieves the current time from the station, which you can link to and display on a graphic.

If for some reason you cannot do this, then there are other ways as well. Add a label to your graphic page and then view the property sheet of the label widget. Add a value binding to the label and configure the ord to just reference the config of the station (station:|slot:/). Right click the text field and select animate. Use the default converter 'object to string' and set the format field as '%time()%' (less the single quotes). This should display the current time and date. If you only want the date then use '%time().toDateString%'. If you only want the time then use %time().toTimeString%'.

I did as you said above and it worked like a charm and is much cleaner than the wire sheet option.
    Thanks
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    If for some reason you cannot do this, then there are other ways as well. Add a label to your graphic page and then view the property sheet of the label widget. Add a value binding to the label and configure the ord to just reference the config of the station (station:|slot:/). Right click the text field and select animate. Use the default converter 'object to string' and set the format field as '%time()%' (less the single quotes). This should display the current time and date. If you only want the date then use '%time().toDateString%'. If you only want the time then use %time().toTimeString%'.
    ok checkvalve, this is done and now the time updates whenever i hit save or refresh, or reopen the file. so i imagine my problem now is that my whole
    page isnt updating. is this possible? I wrote it from scratch and i dont remember anything choices that asked about auto updating. I want the page to be live all the time. i have poitns on this page and want immediate all the time updates, that includes the weather and the clock. I need a real time display system. i noticed my weather isnt changing at all either. it will sit the say was all day for many days if i let it
    what did I forget?

The clock should update if you put it in a wire sheet of a points folder and then link it to graphic. Just dragging to graphic from kitcontrol will do exactly what your seeing. Which is not updating.

Weather on the other hand, I believe is a bug at 3.0.106 as it does not update per the PO. My fix around that was setting up a "booleentimer" for how ever long you want to update. Then to a "one shot" true for 1 second and linking it to the "update weather report" in. all this done in the wiresheet of weather manager is where I did it..

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    you put it in a wire sheet of a points folder and then link it to graphic. .
    All you guys keep talking about dragging things from wire sheets to graphics. i am using a laptop hooked up to a fx40 via cat5. this is what i see

when i right click on a points "folder" it gives me 2 otions, refresh tree and help
    are you guys all talking about using workbench pro to make graphics? I dont use this. I have the full program but it wont open, it was never licensed succesfully

any other eaier ways for me to make this graphic update itself every 2 to 5 seconds or so?

You need to get to the jcin2network under config/drivers/ man!

The jci appliance sucks.
    Set the user you log into to use default WB Web Profile instead of jci web appliance. and make sure the Nav.File you use has what you need in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by freddy-b; 12-10-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Jci profile sucks

I agree with Freddy the Jci view sucks the default Wb is much better but even close to wb pro.
    I did my first 3 stations thru the browser and then switched to Wb pro and there is no looking back.

Hey Freddy Is there anything cool in your ice storage app?
    ifso maybe you chould show some of it off you know where!

T
    K

ok guys, i found out how to see the wire sheets thanx. I now have a working clock on my page. but its the wrong time. i checked the time server and it says local host with errors that it could reach host.
    i looked in my books but cant find out what should be in the server settings for the correct time to be realized.
    what do i do to get the time corrected? thanx

if its off then so is the time in the Jace itself. Have you noticed your schedules not working right?

Get in the platform and then platform admin to change the time/timezone then it will make you reboot. Then proper time will be on your graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    if its off then so is the time in the Jace itself. Have you noticed your schedules not working right?

Get in the platform and then platform admin to change the time/timezone then it will make you reboot. Then proper time will be on your graphic.
    thanx, it dodnt make me reboot. it just took the adjustment and when i hit save it was the right time. thanx again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12