Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Real time clock in FX40 graphic

I dont know why this is so hard for me to find, but please tell me how to put a real time clock in digital clock form on a graphic. thanx

The simplest way is to drag a currentTime object from kitControl/timer onto a wiresheet. then drag the object from the wiresheet to your graphic and create a bound label. Make sure that you don't drag the currentTime object directly to the px page or it will cause problems with the px page updating.

Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    The simplest way is to drag a currentTime object from kitControl/timer onto a wiresheet. then drag the object from the wiresheet to your graphic and create a bound label. Make sure that you don't drag the currentTime object directly to the px page or it will cause problems with the px page updating.
    Thanx, I am getting there, but with a few questions. how do you open a wire sheet and a graphic at the same time to drag from one to another?
    also when i open a wire sheet and drag the timer to it then i right click and choose copy, i paste it into my graphic and it is there but it never updates, just stays on the time it was when i draged it onto the wire sheet

Just expand your container that has the wire sheet, you should then see the current time object under the container in the Nav window.
    Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Just expand your container that has the wire sheet, you should then see the current time object under the container in the Nav window.

I am sorry, I really arent following you here. I open graphics, then choose my graphic and then choose px editor. I now have my graphic open for creating. then i open the palette and choose kitControl. I drill down to current time and try to drag this over to my drawing. it gets there and is on the graphic. when i save it and view the graphic it is there, but never updates the time, stays frozen as it was when i dragged it.
    i dont know how to open a wire sheet for this graphic and drag the currenttime over to it, then have the wire sheet and the graphic open at the same time to be able to drag from one to another.
    I am learning the programming by myself with books and peoples help. i cannot take a course till the summer. thanx for the patience

Just open any wiresheet in your project, preferrably one on the controller you are creating the graphic for. For example, if you have a lon controller just right click on the points container underneath the controller in the left side navigation pane. Then go to view and select wiresheet. Now you can drag from your palette to the wiresheet.
    Go Rangers!

Just open any wiresheet in your project, preferrably one on the controller you are creating the graphic for. For example, if you have a lon controller just right click on the points container underneath the controller in the left side navigation pane. Then go to view and select wiresheet. Now you can drag from your palette to the wiresheet.
    I guess i must not knowmy way around the unit I have been working on for 3 months now. when i go to the panel on the left side under navigation, and find any of my dx units then expand them right clicking on anything only gives me the refrsh tree or help contents options. I cannot figure out what you mean by container? This is the what I am looking at

Well I am looking at this on my Blackberry so I cannot see your screenshot very well. Are you doing this through a browser?

Also, what is your user password level?
    Go Rangers!

Well I am looking at this on my Blackberry so I cannot see your screenshot very well. Are you doing this through a browser?

Also, what is your user password level?
    yes i do all my programming with a browser and i am an admin on this unit

Quote Originally Posted by plasmud View Post
    I guess i must not knowmy way around the unit I have been working on for 3 months now. when i go to the panel on the left side under navigation, and find any of my dx units then expand them right clicking on anything only gives me the refrsh tree or help contents options. I cannot figure out what you mean by container? This is the what I am looking at
    Forget doing anything with the JCI appliance."N2 Network"BS

Goto config/Drivers/jcin2network then the Controller/Points then right click. You will see what hes talking about.
    Last edited by freddy-b; 12-04-2007 at 09:19 PM.

oki, i tryed what you said Freddie B. maybe i should tell you that the graphicisnt a graphic of a controller, it is a site type graphic. it has points from many dx units. no matter how i try to see what you guys are saying, i never once yet have seen a graphic open for programming and a wire sheet open at the same time. where do you open the second window? do i have to shrink the main window? because I cant seem to do that.
    simple question- why if the kitControl package contains a module called "time current" why cant i just drag it to a graphic in the px editor and then pick my font color and save and see a working clock? that would seem like the way it should work, no?
    anyway, thanx again for all the help.

the wiresheet is just the programming view that shows the object and how they are linked together. I think because you are working through the web workbench that you might not have that view accessible, especially if the right jar files aren't loaded.

Copy the object from kitControl and just past it to a folder in the nav tree. When you expand that folder that you pasted it to, you should see the object listed in the nav tree.

Drag the object from the nav tree onto your px page.

You cannot just the object directly from kitControl to your px page, because it is a control object and is designed to be in the context of a certain container. The object then retrieves the current time from the station, which you can link to and display on a graphic.

If for some reason you cannot do this, then there are other ways as well. Add a label to your graphic page and then view the property sheet of the label widget. Add a value binding to the label and configure the ord to just reference the config of the station (station:|slot:/). Right click the text field and select animate. Use the default converter 'object to string' and set the format field as '%time()%' (less the single quotes). This should display the current time and date. If you only want the date then use '%time().toDateString%'. If you only want the time then use %time().toTimeString%'.

Thanx checkvalve. i got stuck on the 2nd paragraph. i can go to the palette sidebar and right click the current time object, but i cant get anything on the nav tree to give me anything but "refresh tree" and "help contents"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast