Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by desroches View Post
    never even caught that, i am impressed !

*clapps !*

oh wait but the water itself is grounded.

the ground from the board to the unit should be the only one that matters

bad netural though could mess up the board with the unit still running
    If the water line is plastic - no good ground through water.
    If new water filter is all plastic lost the poor ground he had.
    Ground though a water pipe or elec. pipe case is a bad idea.
    Need good ground to panel not just the little wire from the board to the frame.
    Machine needs a consistent ground. If ground is loose or is changing it messes with the board.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Talking

yeh i agree, air bubbles in the water line may cause issues, also the water psi was jacked up he said, so this could kinda backup air bubbles making the ground not so good all the time.

this is fun

Not sure if you found the problem yet, but my vote is the dump valve.

My guess is that it is not opening, and the water gets so mineral ladent that it will no longer freeze.

Just a guess.

???????

This is why they changed the Q-Model and the S-model's Harvest failare safety to 3 times to 500 times

No news - is that good news ?

Either that or I have been fired I guess. <g>

I think the water sump being empty thing is incidental to the unit locking off on "long harvest time safety". The unit just goes off when the sump is empty. The empty sump is just another bit of meaningless data.

Last time there the discharge line was barely into the 160's. I raised the head pressure to get it over 170. So far as I can remember - that's all I changed. So far - no further word. I gave all the bar girls my cell number and instructions to call me at any time so I'm thinking I would have heard if there was no ice. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If the water line is plastic - no good ground through water.
    If new water filter is all plastic lost the poor ground he had.
    Ground though a water pipe or elec. pipe case is a bad idea.
    Need good ground to panel not just the little wire from the board to the frame.
    Machine needs a consistent ground. If ground is loose or is changing it messes with the board.
    i agree.. A bad ground to the unit will play with the board and make it do all kinds of things, just like loose common wires will.. Poodle head mikey, if it was me id tell the bar when it locks out to LEAVE it alone so u can show up and see whats up with this thing.. there nothing worst then trying to find a problem in a unit when it works perfect when you r there.. Tell them to steal ice from another machine and just fill the bin manually .. Most manis recommend 150 degree discharge temp or greater.. manitowoc said they went from 3 cycles to 500 before locking out because of many nusense calls.. I just left one of there seminars today

[QUOTE=Poodle Head Mikey;1692385]It is a country club. This particular ice machine is in the pro-shop bar.

could you be missing the big pic?maybe in the evening when the sprinklers kick on to water the greens there is a major pressure drop and now the greens don't need so much water then no calls?just a thought

The greens have their own well -

The clubhouse, catering, bars, and pro shop are the only things using this well. My thinking has been that if the pressure was going to drop - it would happen when the buildings were in use during the day and not when they were all closed for business.

I've already raised their pump / tank pressure.

And I do not believe that they are running the machine without water anyway. Why would that stop the machine on long harvest? And even if it did - how could it possibly happen before tripping the high pressure cut-out? And I would know because it is manual reset.

Raising the head pressure / discharge line temperature has either solved the problem - or they have gotten someone else. Because I haven't heard from them. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123