Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Call the Manufactures rep.

Flare Nut -

I did call them.

They helpfully suggested that I re-read the manuals.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

I'm pretty good at this stuff. Later to day I'll try to resolve your problem. The office is very busy right now . I'll get back to you.

Syd
    L&L Mechanical Services, Inc.

Just a few thoughts. Is the water source being interrupted during the night? Could someone have decided to shut or divert a water source during the evening hours such as the building laundry? Does the high pressure switch have a manual reset button on it?

Syd

Flare Nut -

It is a country club. This particular ice machine is in the pro-shop bar.

the apparent pattern is that the machine stops harvesting quick enough sometime during the night and locks out on that fault.

There would be no water use past say 10:00P. All the other ice machines are air-cooled.

The high pressure control is manual reset. I have stopped them from automatically pushing it. The machine is clearly locking out on "excess harvest time".

I had intended to go over there today and pitch the machine forward an inch and a half but I was out late exploding a steam boiler until ten last night and this morning hassling with Goodman, Johnstone, Amana, and a few no cooling refrigeration calls.

I am headed out now to remedy a 95% Coleman furnace. So my spare time was somewhat limited today.

All ice machine thoughts and suggestions welcome -
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Other than a bum board or water level sensor the only other thing I can think of is low water pressure at night where the sump doesn't fill fast enough and the water fill is cut off after 5 minutes. So enough water to cool but not enough to fill the sump in time.

I'm not saying it's the board but if you decide to change it the new one will not lock out on a nuisance #2 safety. Did you do any of the diagnosis chart?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

let me throw a few facts out at you about this machine

for it to go off on "harvest to long" fault it has to be in harvest 3 times in a row taking more then 3 and a hafe mins each time.
    the water prob will put the machine into harvest after it is grounded out via water for 7 seconds.
    now step back and think for a second
    supply water problem no " set your head pressure back where is was"
    thats for sure not your problem.
    have a look for this..

first one is bad ice thickness prob, if you do replace it replace it with the "T" one.. there is a kit

second one i have seen in these machines is the horizontal's on the
    evapartor come lose and the ice doesnt drop properly

also on these machines the lines on the back of the evaprator will let go from the evaprator.

the dump valve might be stuck open a little bit causeing the ice to just fourm on the top of the evaprator and not drop because there is no weight and go back into harvest after the 3 and hafe mins..

to make sure it isnt the charge or the lines letting go off the back of the evaprator unplug the water pump and turn it on if your evaprator inlet and out let don't freeze you may be low on gas.... a good rule of thumb is if your evaprator doesnt completly freeze over with no water running your low on gas, if it does dont touch your charge. when i do this i like to pull the evaprator splash gaurd off and put a magnet on the sencer so i can watch it frezze and see if there is any irregularities in teh freezing pattern. if there is you may wanna.............

i could go on all night just have a look at that stuff for now.
    Last edited by desroches; 12-05-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Talking

could be bad regulator or wasent set right 300 should get it done i have had lots of manis remote that i have put fan controls and run 315/260

Quote Originally Posted by desroches View Post
    let me throw a few facts out at you about this machine

when i do this i like to pull the evaprator splash gaurd off and put a magnet on the sencer so i can watch it frezze and see if there is any irregularities in teh freezing pattern. if there is you may wanna.............

i could go on all night just have a look at that stuff for now.
    If your arm gets tired holding a magnet on the switch just remove the water curtian and it will stay in freeze - no extra magnet needed-

PHM Unit is 220 V. Is there a ground wire pulled from the panel or is it just case grounded? Are the water pipes copper or plastic? With the new water filter you may have lost a ground from the water pipe.

With the new water filter you may have lost a ground from the water pipe.
    never even caught that, i am impressed !

*clapps !*

oh wait but the water itself is grounded.

the ground from the board to the unit should be the only one that matters

bad netural though could mess up the board with the unit still running

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Last Thursday I was there and the unit was off on "excess harvest time". It's is spotlessly clean inside but did take it's time dropping ice - more than two minutes. I sprayed the cube molds with silicone and it then dropped the ice Very soon into defrost.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the ice dropping?

Any ideas?
    If all you did was slick up the evap plate and the ice dropped fine the plate is dirty or plating is trashed. Remove the water curtain while in freeze just before harvest. Let cycle into harvest with out water curtian on and let the ice drop. Then let the unit run the full 3.5 min with curtain off. The machine will cycle off(full bin).The plate will begin to dry up and you will see the crud. If it is white lime you can clean with I/M cleaner and nylon brush. If the deposits are red iron Good Luck getting it off without destroying the plating.

also i think that its should produce a sheet of ice every 18 to 20 mins and drop that sheet in at least 3.5 mins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast