+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lots of Lieberts

Post Likes

Lots of Lieberts

I don't really think this is wall of pride worthy, but they're definitely some cool pictures of some pretty high-tech systems. All of these shots were taken at a substation for a pretty major communications company... I don't even know if it's ok for me to post pictures like this...

Everything here is at least 100% redundant. In some cases, there are backups for the backups. The building is just a little over 18,000 square feet, and I believe I counted up about 500-some odd tons of air conditioning equipment. I like going out to this place because it always presents a challenge.

That's barely half of it...

Post Likes
    Awesome! Looks great.

Looks similar to some stuff we have on the job now.

Do you guys peel off the stickers on exposed duct?

Whats the reason for the Lag Grip over the insulation/pins...rather than just insulation tape (AHU-9 pic)?

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    I think the guys over in Orlando at our metal shop will roll out exposed ductwork without stickers, with a detailed and scaled cut-sheet instead.

The sheet metal on this project was fabricated and installed by another big contractor in the area, and I imagine they just didn't really care about the stickers.

The company I work for just services this facility. They're in the process of adding a new chiller, new fan coils, 4 or 5 new Lieberts, replacing and updating the Liebert SiteScan system as well as all the RAC2-8s. They've also added two GIANT generators that I'll post pictures of later. With all the construction going on, we've had tons of control/power problems and coordination issues between the subs' work and ours.

The mastic on the insulation is required by Florida mechanical code in most areas. I guess the theory behind it is to keep the humidity from peeling the tape, and having an absolute vapor barrier between the ductwork and the ambient air.

Post Likes
    I can tell you for a fact not to take pictures inside a communication or specialty electronics lab or set-up. Many of the companies hire their own engineers to design and build their cooling systems in their own way and they don't like others to find out how they do it. Maybe this communication compnay is different but I wouldn't take the chance.

I bet you that you had to go through some kind of security to even get to that equipment. That should tell you something.

Neat set-up though.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Are those headmaster controls?? In Florida????

Post Likes
    Need to take that roll pre filter in put it inside units , will look a lot better.

Post Likes
    sanyo is better

Post Likes
    What type of place does this equipment serve?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kpaul View Post
    Need to take that roll pre filter in put it inside units , will look a lot better.
    More than likely the filter media is only temporary until all construction is completed.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    I would hope so!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    What type of place does this equipment serve?
    Chances are, if you're surfing the 'net or making a telephone call in southwest florida, the signal is coming through this place.

Post Likes

sweet man...I love lieberts. looks kinda like a sprint site. My comp takes care of a place that has 12 deluxe 3's lined up like that...can't take pics though

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ericnyc View Post
    sweet man...I love lieberts. looks kinda like a sprint site. My comp takes care of a place that has 12 deluxe 3's lined up like that...can't take pics though
    I think I've been there once or twice. Is it in Woodlands Corporate Center?

Post Likes

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    I think I've been there once or twice. Is it in Woodlands Corporate Center?

Yeah theres one there...and down on franklin street.

Post Likes

Looks like my life

See liberts everyday and have changes many of 06Ds verizon bldgs run 24/7
    guess you cant complain never changed a bearing though
    you have not seen or never want to see a 3 stage lierbert chiller and never replace a liebert with a data air half the price but half the quality i will post a pic and i will show you a sea of drycoolers blanchard ness that feeds many o lieberts and mammoth units

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steam638 View Post
    See liberts everyday and have changes many of 06Ds verizon bldgs run 24/7
    guess you cant complain never changed a bearing though
    you have not seen or never want to see a 3 stage lierbert chiller and never replace a liebert with a data air half the price but half the quality i will post a pic and i will show you a sea of drycoolers blanchard ness that feeds many o lieberts and mammoth units
    I'm not real sure I understand what you're getting at.

I've got a couple of Data-Aire systems now, and honestly... 100% of the problems I've run into so far can be traced directly back to the initial installation. Any system is only as good as the installation.

Post Likes

Wow

Hey Rob how long did it take you to do that job?

Post Likes
    I haven't been involved in any of the construction on this site, but I think it's been going on for a couple of years.

Here's a picture of a new generator BCH has been working on...

And here's it's "muffler"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in