Trapped Contractor

Friend of mine just sent this to me. Suppose to be contractors finishing work in front of a Sports Bar so people can eat there and to keep the traffic out. Those barriers are suppose to be steel and burried in the concrete.

There might be one problem though!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Dude, thats gotta be photo-shopped.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

If thats not photoshopped they have a problem

Guess they have to pick which side of the van gets wrecked. If they are that stupid they will do both sides equally. Maybe those poles just come off with a couple of bolts. If not you cant fix stupid.
    Last edited by Chauncey; 12-02-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Time to call for a crane.

The one directly behind the van is photo shopped in.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Figured it probably would be but how can you tell. I found it unbelievable when I first saw the picture BUT problem is I've done things close to that stupid myself! Who hasn't?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Figured it probably would be but how can you tell.
    The post behind the van is not centered in the paver like the rest plus if you look closely all the others are still not level with the surrounding paver's that one is.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world.. those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Who cares if thats photo shopped! That there is funny stuff!

Talking

When I saw that I immediatly thought of a stupid I did myself. This was at home, not on the job, I had built a new deck and was staining it for the first time. A friend told me to make sure I didn't paint myself into a corner, I laughed, but when I started to do the job I was very careful to plan out the whole thing ahead of time to prevent that mishap. I went out the sliding doors, painted across the deck, and then down the steps. Not a chance of being trapped in a corner. I was quite proud of myself, till I walked around to the front door and found it locked, and the keys were sitting on the counter in the kitchen in front of the (now) inaccessable sliding deck door! 3 hours of sitting out there comtemplating the errors of my ways till someone got home....lol So much for planning ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Figured it probably would be but how can you tell. I found it unbelievable when I first saw the picture BUT problem is I've done things close to that stupid myself! Who hasn't?
    Mike

if you measure the width of the van it will fit in between two posts....besides who doesnt like it tight?

hahahaah

>Those barriers are suppose to be steel and burried in the concrete.

Well those are very popular in euroland, which looking at the street sign surly points to a euroland location. Allot of these are on hinges that can be swung down to allow the person to drive out. Typically this style is used to save a reserved parking spot. Others use hydraulics and can withdraw into the concrete and allow passage.

Pretty sure these boys are not locked in as this is a very routine install. They look to be the hinged type. Pull the pin, swing it down, and drive out.

Something similar to:

http://www.atgaccess.com/products/Pr....aspx?id=11217

Let me know if anyone has access to the automatic versions, as I'm in the market....
    Last edited by orion242; 01-23-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Thats pretty Funny !