+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too nasty to grill outside...

Post Likes

Too nasty to grill outside...

Cold outside, with freezing rain. I will be out in it tomorrow at work, so I figured I would grill inside and stay warm today!

I brought out a rotisserie that has been collecting dust in the basement. With an electric heating element, this piece will grill a large roast or bird of any kind. They were very popular in the 60's, but I doubt you could buy one now.

On the grill is 5# loin end pork rib roast. Rubbed with garlic, pepper, thyme and salt, a lite injection of Chiavetta's sauce inside finishes the seasoning.

Garlic mashed potatoes and baby sweet peas complete the meal, Dutch apple pie for dessert.

Monday may suck, but tonight will be sweet!
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    Sounds wonderful. My grandma has a rotisserie just like that and awears by it.

Am I the only one that seems to do alot more grilling as the weather starts to turn. Not in the freezing rain, but snow never seems to be a problem. It could be that as it gets colder our bussiness slows down a little and I start getting home at a decent hour and feel like cooking. Who knows. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but i grill 2-3 times a week in the winter versus 2-3 times a month in the summer.

Post Likes
    30* and raining and I'm firing up the grill for beer boiled ribs shortly

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Post Likes
    Hey Baub:

I envy your back yard...it looks like your in the country..

Your loin end pork rib roast is a cut that I have not seen around here...I am definitely going to order one...we have had variations of that cut, but not butchered like that....It looks like a prime rib.
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

Post Likes
    Baub, that looks delicioso! Cool rotisserie too. I wish it would snow here. I have a brother in Annville PA, they have had snow already too.
    Luke 6:31

Post Likes
    Makes me water at the mouth looking at that rib roast, cold as heck here but I will BBQ all winter outside as long as the propane dont freeze up. We should be hitting the minus 40° soon enough.LOL

Post Likes
    Thanks all for the kind comments!

Key- That's the front yard... much more behind the house and barn. It's great until you have to cut the grass. The roast is also called a blade roast. It's the end of the rib section near the front quarter. One side is a rib section, the other end has a flat bone in it. This makes it a little tougher to cut, but the meat is very tender and moist.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    I'd use one of those in a hotel, but in my home...... that looks like a meter spinner to me!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    We have a Jen Aire range with a indoor grille. We have the rotisserie with it also.

The range itself is pretty beat so I am getting the War Dept a new gas stove that she has been wanting. The problem is that we are commited to a 30" stove. I looked all over for a gas 30" range with a rotisserie. No gots. But I am thinking that I can keep the rotisserie from the old electric stove and rig up something.

This summer I just got a VT casting BBQ range with rotisserie. So the only time I'd have a problem is when it is real cold out. The new gas stove does have a built in griddle with I MUST have.

Post Likes
    Just take a surplus modulating motor and some residential furnace or boiler burner tubes and everyone can make their own rotisserie. You could also make an electric one by gutting an electric toaster oven. Nobody has tried that yet?

Post Likes

Smile Indoor Grill

I grill more indoors than out these days,boxwood stove $200 at Tractor-Supply.

Attachment 4902

Post Likes

Fellow weirdo here

Quote Originally Posted by okieair View Post
    Sounds wonderful. My grandma has a rotisserie just like that and awears by it.

Am I the only one that seems to do alot more grilling as the weather starts to turn. Not in the freezing rain, but snow never seems to be a problem. It could be that as it gets colder our bussiness slows down a little and I start getting home at a decent hour and feel like cooking. Who knows. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but i grill 2-3 times a week in the winter versus 2-3 times a month in the summer.
    I'll shovel a path to the grill before the driveway. Anything just tastes better on the grill, nomatter how many beers I have to drink until it's done....I've got a canopy over the grilling area, so as long as the wind is under 30mph. it's cool.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in