lack of airflow?

I have a forced hot air TRANE heating unit. Recently, it hasn't been working correctly, if I put the thermostat on 64,65, etc... degrees it never gets to the temp...I can also hear a clicking sound when it comes on, about once every 5 seconds...overall the unit doesn't sound the same when it is running correctly, definitely not as much airflow as when it is working right. I checkecd the unit - as in there is a light that blinks - troubleshooting - and everything is fine. Anyways, it never comes to temperature so it comes the heat comes on every couple of minutes. Any advice from anyone? Also, the airducts are very noisy, any chance there could be problems there?

Call a technician.

There are a least a couple of things which can cause that problem, none of which can be solved with a DIY fix.

Change or clean your filter and if this doesn't help call a pro. Nothing more for you to check or do.

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Call a technician.

There are a least a couple of things which can cause that problem, none of which can be solved with a DIY fix.
    +1 Call a local TRANE dealer...

thanks for the responses, AMD, you mentioned that it could be a couple of different things, any ideas - just for piece of mind

plugged a-coil, plugged secondary, dirty blower, filter
    You can't fix stupid