best mastic/duct sealant

Looking for the best mastic/duct sealant to seal around 90 degree flex elbow and its attachment point to a register boot. I've used the Hardcast tapes (mastic ones), but they take a long time to cut/apply. Looking for something that is good. Iron Grip 601 or Suregrip 404?

Any of the water based latex products.
    My personal preference is Airseal 33.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Why water based over solvent based, just curious? I'm putting together ductwork outside a contained area, so no restrictions on solvents. In looking at the solvent based ones, it appears they are more flexible? I'd think that might be a plus w/vibrations and if you'd ever have to move a duct or register boot slightly. The Hardcast site lists several mastic duct sealants.

Mainly because not as much protective gear is needed to use the water based products, and they are easy to clean up, if you do so before they cure.

Vibration isn't really an issue, the good latex products stay somewhat flexible.

As far as being able to relocate a duct in the future, personal experience has shown that no type of mastic makes it easy to do so, lol.
    Once it is cured, it is pretty much hammer and chisel time to take things apart, regardless of if it is water based or solvent based mastic.

There may be some merit to using solvent based over water based in an exterior application.
    Neither one does particularly well if it gets wet before it is cured, but the solvent based stuff may be a better choice if there is any chance of it getting rained on, or dew/condensation forming on it before it is fully cured.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.