Super Heat/Sub cooling delta t question.

Can someone please explain to me the importance of differential temperature of the high side sensor temperature minus the low side sensor temperature? What is the importance of this delta reading?

The high and low side of what?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Ram17 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me the importance of differential temperature of the high side sensor temperature minus the low side sensor temperature? What is the importance of this delta reading?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

S/H temperature (low side) and S/C temperature (high side).

Why?

Look up Enthalpy then take a look at a PT Chart and come back.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

The relationship between those two readings have nothing to do with each other. Comparing one to the other does not show anything worthwhile.

SSH heat is a comparison between the boiling point of the refrigerant under the present conditions and the temperature of the suction line.

SC is a comparison between the condensing point of the refrigerant under the present conditions and the temperature of the liquid line.

PHM
    -------

S/H temperature (low side) and S/C temperature (high side).
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

PHM thank you for your kindness. I just purchased a DIGI COOL AK900 Digital Refrigeration Gage; one of the functions is S/H-S/C temperature delta. And I could not find the reason or purpose for this function. Thank you again PHM.

Use across a ll drier or reversing valve to see if there is a problem.

PHM thank you for your kindness. I just purchased a DIGI COOL AK900 Digital Refrigeration Gage; one of the functions is S/H-S/C temperature delta. And I could not find the reason or purpose for this function. Thank you again PHM.
    The deltaT on the display is the difference in temperature between the two sensors. That function would typically be used to measure the temperature drop across a LL filter drier or possible LL restriction. The sensors would be connected to each side of the suspected point of restriction. Other possible uses of the deltaT function are measuring Approach or condenser air temp rise. It can also be used to measure temp rise of a water loop. IOW it can be uaed for any deltaT that you care to measure using the DMG. The difference in temp between the LL and SL is not what it's for, since that deltaT is immaterial.

Thank you guys!!!