Thread: brand vs brand

brand vs brand

Can anyone offer me some advice? I got quoted on three gas furnaces:

1) Coleman 9V variable speed
    2) Kenmore 76141 variable speed
    3) Rheem Prestige Series 90 plus modulating

The prices are all similar but I don't know much about the brands. Can anyone offer me any pro's and con's of each? Which do you think is the best? Which is most reliable? Without any help I feel like I'd just be rolling the dice.

Thanks.

The Rheem is the ultimate. When matched with the Contour Comfort Control it will offer an incredible comfort. It has 13 levels of heat picked by the needs of the house by the special control. The variable speed blower varies to maintain hot air throughout all firing rates.

The other 2 are 2 stage furnaces. When installed with a good 2 stage thermostat, they will offer a comfort above that of a single stage furnace.

Stay away from Kenmore unless you want to be chained to Sears/K-mart
    GOD knows if you did your best! <><

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    Can anyone offer me some advice? I got quoted on three gas furnaces:

1) Coleman 9V variable speed
    2) Kenmore 76141 variable speed
    3) Rheem Prestige Series 90 plus modulating

The prices are all similar but I don't know much about the brands. Can anyone offer me any pro's and con's of each? Which do you think is the best? Which is most reliable? Without any help I feel like I'd just be rolling the dice.

Thanks.

Where are you located?

I'm located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (45 minutes outside of Toronto)

I understand the Kenmore is furnace is made by Tempstar. They've got a ten year parts and labour warranty which is better than any other. I've never dealt with Sears before but I heard they weren't bad.

It seems to me that when you bring up the name Rheem nobody has anything bad to say. The only thing I've heard is that it's one of the best on the market.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of weeks to go before I purchase it and would still welcome any advice or tips.

From your list, my first pick would be the Rheem modulating furnace. It should offer great comfort and reliability. My next pick would be the Coleman 9V (Coleman products are just like York products) then the Kenmore 76141.

I think I'm pretty much convinced to get the Rheem. Does anyone know what issue of consumer reports reviews furnaces?