Post Likes

Am I getting what I am expecting?

Howdy!
    I have received a a quote for the following and I was wanting to find out if I am getting what I am expecting to get:

Condenser: American Standard Allegiance 13 3.5 Ton; Model 2A7A3042A1000A

Furnace: American Standard Freedom 80 High Efficiency Single-Stage; Model AUD1C080A9H41B

Coil: American Standard Standard Comfort Coil; Model 2TXCB048BC3HCA

My expectation is that none of this equipment is "builder grade" and based on my internet research it isn't, however I am looking for confirmation. I know there is nothing wrong with builder grade, it's what has been running in my house for 30 years, but I want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples when judging price. The installer is coming out Wednesday.

Thanks,
    aggie98 from San Antonio

Post Likes
    This doesn't fall into the category of "builder" to me. The 7B outdoor unit and the AUE furnace would.

Post Likes
    No R410a refrigerant? From the American Standard website, they are the lowest on the list (contemporary products), but I still do not consider them builder grade as Trane/American Standard makes premium products. BaldLoonie mentions the 7B outdoor unit, which I haven't even heard of, but I'm assuming it is American Standard's "builder model."

Post Likes
    These are builder grade. You have R22 refrigerant, 13 SEER & an 80% AFUE efficiency furnace. Those are the required minimums. If you are looking for high efficiency equipment it should be R410A & 16 SEER for the condensing unit and at least a 92% efficiency condensing furnace.

Post Likes
    All,
    Thanks for the prompt responses. Based on what I am hearing I am getting what I am expecting, which is a 13-14 seer no frills, quality unit. While I would like the system that hvacconsultant suggested, a 410a,16 seer, 92% AFUE system, it's out of my price range and I can't justify the cost. Living in San Antonio I have no need for a high efficiency, aka 90+% AFUE furnace as it is only on from December - February, but I do have need for a high efficiency blower, which is why I selected the 80% single stage high efficiency. As for the 410a versus R22, my wife and I decided up front that if we could swing it we would get the 410a, but it would depend on the cost.

Thanks for the responses I have already received and feel free to comment more,
    aggie98

Post Likes
    Angie98,

Your situation is understandable. Trane/American Standard is definitely premium in my opinion, no matter which models you choose. I hope you have a good contractor. Best of luck to you.