Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did try google but had no luck and it's in a commercial property that is just brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are correct the bottom is freezing up and the top half is not

This stuff always happens in the worst working locations. Probably suspended in a location that is right in the path of every office employee who needs to get to the copy machine. I can work all day on rooftop units and still skip home, give me one suspended air-handler above a drop ceiling and I am sore for days.

So if it hit's the top of a backwards coil (Airflow) and then choose's a slab of the coil with less resistance, and favors it, does that sound rite? If in the correct position, its forced into the a and airflow is better thru both slabs.

Oh yeah! This is in a bank so I had to figure this out by 9am so I won't be in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    So if it hit's the top of a backwards coil (Airflow) and then choose's a slab of the coil with less resistance, and favors it, does that sound rite? If in the correct position, its forced into the a and airflow is better thru both slabs.
    I believe your on the right track...I think you can get away with having the top of an A coil in the path of the supply, like in certain down flow horizontal applications, but not in the path of the return.

is this typical of any a coil or just carrier (that is a carrier right?)

On tranes horizontal left you have to flip the coil where the air coming in hits the apex of the coil first and never seen it be an issue. Only problem with trane is I forget which baffle to use for the application if I don't have the install manual. Been to long to remember.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12