Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 22 of 22

Thread: York v. Bryant?

  1. #14
    Who else do you think makes Bryant furnaces?

    These uneducated statements are what are bad for homeowners.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by tbox8098 View Post
    Who else do you think makes Bryant furnaces?

    These uneducated statements are what are bad for homeowners.

    My uneducated guess would be that Carrier makes Bryant furnaces aka UTC

  3. #16
    NO

    United technologies manufactures Carrier, Bryant, payne, and Day & Night furnaces

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Langley, BC, Canada
    Posts
    384
    Back to the original question. I would go with a 90% efficiency or higher. Modulating gas valve, on the Yorks are designed to modulate their fire from 100% to i believe 30%?, when a lower heat load is required, saving you money on your gas bill. A little more money now, saves you a ton later, and I do beleive if you dont save at least 10% on you next years heating bill, York will pay you the differance, (Maybe I'm, just making that up)
    (Bryant/Carrier, same thing)

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Potential Annual Heating Savings
    Zone AFUE65% AFUE 80% AFUE 92%
    1 $1,596 $1,297 $1,127

    (Based on the standard DOE test procedure. Furnace model: heating capacity of 70,000 Btu/hr. Usage assumption: 2,080 heating load hours per year. Assumed gas price: $0.40/therm, the Federal average gas price in the U.S.)

    The savings take into account the cost of the unit



    I think you get a $200 Federal tax credit for AFUE's of 95% higher

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    33,429
    Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    I understand. If you buy a York furnace it is made by York. I don't know about the Bryant though.
    Not always



    http://www.yorkupg.com/NewInfo.asp?id=2456&t=r&PID=6

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    Potential Annual Heating Savings
    Zone AFUE65% AFUE 80% AFUE 92%
    1 $1,596 $1,297 $1,127

    (Based on the standard DOE test procedure. Furnace model: heating capacity of 70,000 Btu/hr. Usage assumption: 2,080 heating load hours per year. Assumed gas price: $0.40/therm, the Federal average gas price in the U.S.)

    The savings take into account the cost of the unit



    I think you get a $200 Federal tax credit for AFUE's of 95% higher
    They are ending that program since too many high efficiency units are being installed now

    $0.40 a therm, I am moving there!

  8. #21
    Deprodigy - again plese give the correct information

    Fedreal Tax Credit Program

    $ 150.00 for Afue 95 or higher

    $ 50.00 for Variable speed DC blower

    This means that someone can purchase a 80% 2 stage variable speed model and still get a $ 50 tax credit

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    66,831
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacconsultant View Post
    They are ending that program since too many high efficiency units are being installed now

    $0.40 a therm, I am moving there!
    It was only a 2 year program to begin with.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event