Need help on choosing an HVAC control system

Hi guys,
    Spent countless hours online looking for answers, but still have a few questions. I am remodeling my house and installing new heating and A/C, but I am having a hard time on finding the control system that I want.

I am basically looking for a system that can connect to Home Automation systems and has remote internet monitoring and control.

The Aprilaire system can do almost everything that I need, except that I still need to put separate thermostats in all my zones. I have areas where heat is zoned separately from A/C and I don't want to put thermostats all over the place since everything will be on schedules anyway.

I have 2 floors and each floor has 2 radiant heat and 1 A/C. I want to be able to control each floor with 1 thermostat and not 2.

Are there any control systems that can control multiple zones from ONE thermostat and have home automation connectivity?

Thanks!!

So, each floor has 2 zones for heat and 1 zone for cool? You want 1 controller to do it all and be able to connect to other stuff in the house, AND be able to connect to it via the internet?? What you need is a DDC system. Be prepared to spend some coin.

The thing is that the Aprilaire system can do everything except being able to control 2 heat & 1 cool on ONE thermostat. In theory it's not really that big a deal since I would just need two more thermostats (4 total instead of 2), but if there was something else comparable, I would like to check it out.

What's DDC?

When you say "2 heat", do you mean 2 stages of heat for the same zone, or two completely seperate zones? DDC stands for Direct Digital controls. Primarily used in commercial applications but also used in some high-end homes. What kind of home automation are you planning to have? Lighting, security, lawn sprinklers?

Centurion

http://www.energycontrolsystems.com/sys.htm
    How much control do you want !!

Might be worth a phone call, I have installed many of these in light commercial but mainly dealt with the 2100 series.

Quote Originally Posted by matt8085 View Post
    When you say "2 heat", do you mean 2 stages of heat for the same zone, or two completely seperate zones? DDC stands for Direct Digital controls. Primarily used in commercial applications but also used in some high-end homes. What kind of home automation are you planning to have? Lighting, security, lawn sprinklers?
    2 separate heating zones on each floor so 4 in total.

Exactly, I wanted to automate lighting, security, cameras, HVAC, lawn, and I guess whatever else comes to mind.

If you want 1 system controlling the whole ball of wax, I would suggest calling a controls contractor in your area. They can set you up with anything you want. It all depends on how much you want to spend, really.