Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Limit Control Switch

I have a 10 yr york stellar furnace. We had a no heat situation so immediately I replaced the ignitor because it's been about 2 yrs and this happens every 2 or so. Once I replaced it seemed everything was fine draft motor went on everything insequence but now it reaches the temp in the house and shuts down. It will not reach the prescribe temp I use on the thermostat. I replace a thermostat with a honeywell, and replaced the ignition module as we jumped around the thermostat and the furnace stayed on for about 9mins and shut off. So we figured it was the module. Now it does the same thing. We are looking at the limit switch right now the dial goes past the first prong and when it gets to the middle prong shuts off the burners, fan stays on for a while then shuts down with the draft venter still running until it reaches the house temp which never gets to the prescribe temp. Any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by jregulski View Post
    I have a 10 yr york stellar furnace. We had a no heat situation so immediately I replaced the ignitor because it's been about 2 yrs and this happens every 2 or so. Once I replaced it seemed everything was fine draft motor went on everything insequence but now it reaches the temp in the house and shuts down. It will not reach the prescribe temp I use on the thermostat. I replace a thermostat with a honeywell, and replaced the ignition module as we jumped around the thermostat and the furnace stayed on for about 9mins and shut off. So we figured it was the module. Now it does the same thing. We are looking at the limit switch right now the dial goes past the first prong and when it gets to the middle prong shuts off the burners, fan stays on for a while then shuts down with the draft venter still running until it reaches the house temp which never gets to the prescribe temp. Any suggestions
    Step away from the furnace and call a licensed HVAC technician!!! You have already spent a fair amount being a parts replacer. Perhaps money would have been better spent paying a professional to diagnose the problem.

Well, you can keep buying parts and end up paying triple what it would cost to call a pro in to fix it properly. Quit guessing and just get someone out there to fix it.

you sound like my wife and your absolutely right, but since I'm this far am I going in the right direction.

Yes, you are going in the right direction, by christmas you might run out of parts to replace and it might not be a part thats wrong......get a professional.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

you sound like my wife and your absolutely right, but since I'm this far am I going in the right direction.

it may not happen very often but in this case she's right...............

step away and call a pro. lots of dead people got into something to far to give up..........

And now you have to explain to a tech all the things you've done--in order to make his job harder!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yep your right, but I didn't know asking questions was so hard in this forum. I bet all of you try and fix your car yourself and enter the same forums. I hope my car buddies shut you out as well.

Maybe oil and filter changing--but I'm not qualified nor trained to do much else on a car. Some people are.
    You aren't qualified nor trained to work on your furnace. But you are.
    That usually gets not only expensive but frustrating...not to mention dangerous. Electricity, gas and not enough knowledge/experience--a recipe for disaster.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yep your right, but I didn't know asking questions was so hard in this forum. I bet all of you try and fix your car yourself and enter the same forums. I hope my car buddies shut you out as well.
    Since you registered in order to ask your question, one would assume that you read the rules. Posted at the top of this page it says:
    No pricing, no DIY, please read Site Rules.

DIY stands for Do It Yourself, in case you DNK (did not know). So, now you know.

My apologies, I guess that is why America is going over seas is because people in this country won't share information and want it all to themselves. Yep and UAW stands for U Ain't Workin...Have a good day...

You are wrong in more ways than one.

Good luck!

My apologies, I guess that is why America is going over seas is because people in this country won't share information and want it all to themselves. Yep and UAW stands for U Ain't Workin...Have a good day...

the reason the jobs are going overseas is because people like you expect goods for free or very cheap. If your so pro American jobs, then give one to your local HVAC service company and let a skilled person fix your heating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast