Mini-Split Long-Term satisfaction report anyone?

As I come closer to making a decision regarding which brand of Mini-Split for my 350-SF Sunroom, I discussed with my local HVAC Co. and since this will cost me $3-4 "arms+legs" (parts + labor + warranty service for a few years from HVAC Co etc.), and since this is a major investment, I would appreciate a final votes from the pros or home users (basically long-term report) regarding which brand that makes them happy.

This is similar to buying a car: how to spend least money but get best quality ("Toyota Camry vs Yugo" analogy):
    - reasonale cost
    - fewest repair problems
    - quiet operation

Top on the list ("Toyota Camry") is:
    - Fujitsu
    - Sanyo
    - Daikin
    - Mitsubishi

- ? Fedders

Second-class (are these "Yugos"???) is:
    - Ambiance
    - Pace Air
    - Ramsond
    - Bon*Air
    - Soleus

Once installed, I will report back our satisfaction report!

TIA....

have used sanyo units for probably 20 yrs or more, very few problems at all.

have not even considered selling anything else....there may be cheaper stuff out there but i'm going to keep selling the stuff i don't have problems with.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    have used sanyo units for probably 20 yrs or more, very few problems at all.

have not even considered selling anything else....there may be cheaper stuff out there but i'm going to keep selling the stuff i don't have problems with.
    Very much appreciate your input. Experience counts!!!
    I am leaning toward Sanyo Mini-Split which costs the same as Fujitsu, Mitsubishi for the same BTU.
    I guess all three brands are like Camry vs Accord, they are all good cars.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

All the major brands are good, I have installed and service them all.

Sanyo was the original import to the USA.

The brand X units you mentioned, will be hard to get parts for. These are cheap basically disposable units. Those cheap units usually are not 410a refrigerant. These folks will disappear from the USA after 2010.

I've used all the top brands you listed over the years, they are all good, my fave is the Fujitsu due to its VERY high SEER and HSPF rating.

I've put in some of the cheapies you've listed for garages and other rooms that are only heated or cooled occasionally. They work, no one's run them long enough to complain about operating costs. However, the cheapies, which aren't inverter driven, REALLY need backup heating when it gets cold, say, below 30ΊF. The inverter units do a LOT better when it's cold. The inverter units also do a much better job of dehumidifying.

Quote Originally Posted by cn View Post
    As I come closer to making a decision regarding which brand of Mini-Split for my 350-SF Sunroom, I discussed with my local HVAC Co. and since this will cost me $3-4 "arms+legs" (parts + labor + warranty service for a few years from HVAC Co etc.), and since this is a major investment, I would appreciate a final votes from the pros or home users (basically long-term report) regarding which brand that makes them happy.

This is similar to buying a car: how to spend least money but get best quality ("Toyota Camry vs Yugo" analogy):
    - reasonale cost
    - fewest repair problems
    - quiet operation

Top on the list ("Toyota Camry") is:
    - Fujitsu
    - Sanyo
    - Daikin
    - Mitsubishi

- ? Fedders

Second-class (are these "Yugos"???) is:
    - Ambiance
    - Pace Air
    - Ramsond
    - Bon*Air
    - Soleus

Once installed, I will report back our satisfaction report!

TIA....

Thank you very much for your experience, this is what counts!

I kind of narrow down to either Fujitsu or Sanyo. And my HVAC installer agrees with this assessment.

Initially I kind of lean toward AC only, now it looks like I will buy a combo (AC + heat). The installer told me the install cost is the same for either units, so for the combo I pay for the cost difference for parts. Fair deal.

I will post a pic of the setup when they finished installation.