+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Milwaukee gear itself towards the HVAC trade more than other power tool brands?

Post Likes

Does Milwaukee gear itself towards the HVAC trade more than other power tool brands?

There are a couple reasons I am asking this. First, both my instructor AND the plumbing instructor (who are both contractors as well as being teachers) in my school swear by Milwaukee, just about every power tool they have between the two of them is Milwaukee (exception being that my instructor has DeWalt power shears). And second, I attended my first trade show last week (had a great time and learned quite a bit, BTW), and noticed that Milwaukee were the only power tool brand to have a table set up at the show - no Bosch, no Makita, no DeWalt, etc. I'm not shilling for Milwaukee, just wondering about this. Found it kind of odd that Milwaukee were the only power tool brand there.

Post Likes
    I have noticed that Milwaukee is making a huge investment with new tool lines like hand tools and such. Their battery lines seem to keep expanding with new tools also. I think that they are also making a huge investment in advertising as well. Let's face it, this economy is tough and they are trying to capture as market share as possible. Of no other tool vendor was at the trade show, who is the first tool company you think of now ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My buddy has their snips.. Pretty sweet looking and compact handles too.. He said they're nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    All my power tools, battery or corded, are RED. Period.

But, I will agree, they do seem to have more stuff geared towards us. Battery operated tubing cutters.... Yeah....

Chase

Post Likes
    For years I always had Milwaukee tools and the batteries were always interchangeable. Then on my 3rd set of tools I bought their first lithium set, still using the standardized battery mount which was great with my old 18v tools that were still functionally. Well, all 3 batteries lasted around 30 charges each and they discontinued this series of tools and stopped making replacement batteries shortly after their first year. Now the new tools have a different mount so I have around $1500 worth of good tools with no batteries available. I expect this to happen again so brace for it.

Post Likes
    I think Emerson may own tti the manufacturer of Milwakee Ridgid & ryobi power tools or they are linked somehow

Post Likes
    Has any on actually bought the battery powered tubing cutter. United has a battery powered flaring tool, they haven't sold one yet. (not Milwukee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasespeed View Post
    All my power tools, battery or corded, are RED. Period.

But, I will agree, they do seem to have more stuff geared towards us. Battery operated tubing cutters.... Yeah....

Chase

Post Likes
    X2 I have lots of V28 stuff. Yesterday I bought the M18 fuel hammer drill, I can still get the batteries for the V28's but the ends of the 2 v28 drills wobble all over the place. Most days it doesn't matter. But then there are times that it does.
    I almost replaced my 1/2 V28 impact wrench, but then reason returned. It seems that everything we buy now is good for just a few years and is made in China. Still in the 50's and 60's everything from Japan was junk. Oh how things have changed, and not for the better. Bring Milwaukee back to Milwaukee.
    Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    For years I always had Milwaukee tools and the batteries were always interchangeable. Then on my 3rd set of tools I bought their first lithium set, still using the standardized battery mount which was great with my old 18v tools that were still functionally. Well, all 3 batteries lasted around 30 charges each and they discontinued this series of tools and stopped making replacement batteries shortly after their first year. Now the new tools have a different mount so I have around $1500 worth of good tools with no batteries available. I expect this to happen again so brace for it.

Post Likes
    I heard that Ryobi was owned by Home Depot.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinAdv View Post
    I think Emerson may own tti the manufacturer of Milwakee Ridgid & ryobi power tools or they are linked somehow

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I heard that Ryobi was owned by Home Depot.
    I thought they owned all 3 now (Have to get a warranty on a ridgid battery and impact, they instructed me to home depot and they will mail it away for warranty.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Has any on actually bought the battery powered tubing cutter. United has a battery powered flaring tool, they haven't sold one yet. (not Milwukee)
    The tube cutters are probably the best powered tool I've used in 20 years. I built 2 CO2 supermarkets last year using 1-1/8" or smaller tubing and the 3 cutters we had on site probably saved 200 man hours on each job.

Post Likes
    The tube cutters are probably the best powered tool I've used in 20 years. I built 2 CO2 supermarkets last year using 1-1/8" or smaller tubing and the 3 cutters we had on site probably saved 200 man hours on each job.
    Our construction guys use them. They switched all they over to Milwaukee after using them.

Chase

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I am impressed then. But probably not at the very top of my need/want list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasespeed View Post
    Our construction guys use them. They switched all they over to Milwaukee after using them.

Chase

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Have you checked with some of the battery repair places to see if they can rebuild your existing batteries?

Post Likes
    I actually ordered a new Lithium V18 battery off Amazon last night. There was very little online shopping when I bought the kit years ago, seems like even the old 18v NiCads are for sale again for a big price. The NiCads use standard sub-c cells and easy to fix, just not interested in NiCads any more.

Post Likes
    I am still using Power Plus 18V nicad tools, and I frequently can find replacement batteries online, unless something has changed?

Post Likes
    My NiCads go back to 14 years ago and online shopping wasn't invented yet last time I checked for them at the suppliers. But yes, they can be found now for twice the price of the new style batteries.

Post Likes
    I know this is somewhat off topic, this morning turned a ridgid battery, and impact gun for warranty at home depot, and they are shipping them away to ridgid. I will post results on the lifetime warranty, as there were other questions on ridgid's warranty before. (First issue, had the complete kit for a few years)

Post Likes
    FYI battery only charge's 3/4, and impact is fine but the led work light flashes like a strobe light, done this since day one, just now doing something about it since the battery issue.

Post Likes
    I have the tubing cutter and pvc shears. I've only used the tubing cutter once. For a really tight spot. It works decent. A little tricky to get the hang of though

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in