Gas Line Replacements

Confused Gas Line Replacements

Any one know what the going rate for replacing residential plastic lines in Ohio, I heard around 15.oo per foot, or the per hour rate for tracing out gas leaks?

Plastic gas lines are used for outdoor underground gas services usually maintained by your utility company.

Is your question in regards to the announcement Columbia Gas made early this year that your riser could leak and needed to be replaced?

No, I am a installer from N.J., now live in Ohio, was wondering how to charge for replacing service lines, is it by the foot?

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    Is your question in regards to the announcement Columbia Gas made early this year that your riser could leak and needed to be replaced?
    What was that about Troy?........ I was trained by Columbia how to do risers........ never did any though, maybe a good thing?

service lines

No what are the installers getting in Ohio for service line replacements?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGAL2836 View Post
    No what are the installers getting in Ohio for service line replacements?
    I heard they are demanding to be paid in Euro's

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Probably not enough, best bet quote them double what you are thinking. If the grab their chest and hit the floor, you may be to high.

you need to be pricing based on expenses and desired proffit.......... if that wont get you any jobs in the market then you will just go broke lowering it. and If you are too low you will know that too, you'll get all the work and you can bump it up to market.

Not to mention collusion is a federal offense. As a homeowner, I really hope the original poster is kidding. I'm not naive though and believe that this garbage goes on all the time. I just hate to see this on a board like this that I've come to respect as a place to discuss HVAC issues with those that seem to provide services with integrity.

Legal2836, how did you charge in NJ? In OHio you have to be certified to touch any service lines that connect to Columbia. After your initial certification you must receertify every year.

maybe a customer trying to figure out pricing, dont assume too much