Emergency Heat on VisionPRO

Until I get a contractor over here by the end of this week hopefully, I'm using the emergency heat. It's working just fine, but I don't know why it was saying "Aux Heat On" when there was a large temperature differential while now that it is a 2 degree differential, it is just saying "Heat On." Is it just automatic by the thermostat? The air coming out of the registers is warm, but not as warm as it was as far as I can tell.. I'm thinking it's just the thermostat displaying that depending on the temperature differential and it means nothing, but that doesn't explain the apparent difference in air temperature coming out of the registers. Before: ~95 degrees and now: ~78 degrees. Staging? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

yes!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

So it's staging or it's just the thermostat saying that based on indoor air temperature? Thanks for the response.

I noticed "Aux Heat On" when it was just maintaining 70 as well for a bit. It may have something to do with the CPH, which I think is set at 5. But then I don't know what the "Heat On" is for. Any VisionPRO experts out there?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I noticed "Aux Heat On" when it was just maintaining 70 as well for a bit. It may have something to do with the CPH, which I think is set at 5. But then I don't know what the "Heat On" is for. Any VisionPRO experts out there?
    Aux heat will come on if the heat pumps not keeping up, is in defrost, or outdoor temp is too low(if there is an outdoor stat that shuts off HP.

heat on means the pump is doing the work.
    You can't fix stupid

Yes, I understand that, but as I said above I'm using the emergency heat. In emergency heat, the thermostat shows either "Heat On" or "Aux Heat On."

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Yes, I understand that, but as I said above I'm using the emergency heat. In emergency heat, the thermostat shows either "Heat On" or "Aux Heat On."
    oh now I got ya, have to let someone else get ya an answer on that one
    You can't fix stupid

No problem, thanks for the resposne in the first place Cmajerus. I can always ask the service tech when he comes, but the company I use deals mostly with White-Rodgers I believe. The last service tech that was here did say he liked the type of thermostat I had, though.

No expert here but I am a bit familiar with the HW Vision Pro 8320. It sounds like you have your heat coils staged, probably 5kw is auxiliary for the heat pump. Your heat pump runs until it cannot maintain indoor temp within 2 degrees then the t-stat will pull in the auxilary coils to assist. In Emergency heat mode the 1st stage emergency heat coils is one stage of your electric coils possibly 5kw just to use a value here Emergency heat 2nd stage may be 10KW and the t-stat will kick it in if the 1st stage cannot hold indoor temp within 2 degrees or of course if the setting is raised more than two degrees above indoor temp (be sure to be patient it takes a full minute for the vision pro to kick in the 2nd stage emergency heat) . Is that a HW vision pro 8320 you are using? I like that t-stat it is a very nice piece of work.

Thanks Tsubaki. That seems like what's happening, but I just want to make sure. I'm not sure if my emergency heat is staged or not. Yes, I'm using the Honeywell TH8320 VisionPRO thermostat; I think it's a nice thermostat.