Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sanyo ductless

Frown sanyo ductless

Hey everyone,

Its just me again.. Well tomorow will be my first install of a ductless sanyo system . I just need some help with wiring info.. outside unit is 115 v and the inside unit is 240 v. Plus i have to install a disconnect box outside.. I have done many 240 air handlers and all but never ran any mini splits / ductless systems.. If any one has any helpfull schmatics that i can understand or links would be helpfull.. it is a sanyo
    inside unit model number KHS0971
    outdoor unit CH0971

All new to me electrican ran wire from breaker to outside.. i guess i have to run a wire to get back to indoor unit.. go figure..

thanks

ryan

Not familiar with Sanyo, but I believe you will need a disconnect for the condenser outside and another disconnect for the power running back to the inside unit. Can you not get diagrams off of the Sanyo website, or from the distributor? I would call their tech support and see if they would email something.

sanyo wiring

thanks for the reply.. i can get the schmatic from a website.. just confused on the wiring... cant seem to be able to post schematic.. i will work on it for a while... i can do basic wiring. Im am in no way a true master electrican though..

thanks again

the sanyo unit is 115v both indoor and outdoor. do not power outdoor un it with 240v or you will blow both the board and power supply both very costly.
    we install about 200 units a year, we had an electrican run 240v to a unit it was not pretty. sanyo model numbers indicate voltage units ending with a 1 are 115v, units ending with a 2 are 208/230v. hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply.. i am pretty sure that they are the ones i said befor but i will definitly check faceplate/ nameplates before any wires get wired...

a big thanks.. i will let you know what i found out...

thanks

ryan

its me again...

just trying to get some more info... i know that the outdoor unit is 115volt

model number CH0971.... so does this mean that the inside unit has to be a 115 volt model number KHS0971 ..

i read that it has some kind of dc inverter with it built in i guess. What does that actually do.. Like i said before.. this is my first one i ever delt with.. WOW....????

Thanks again..

ryan

every sanyo i have installed has had the indoor unit powered from the outdoor unit, never seperate feeds never different voltages.

usually run 14-3 to indoor unit from outdoor unit and have a 3 pole disconnect at indoor unit.

Thanks for the reply.... i will check out tommorow... To top it off it is down in washington d.c.. i got to get out of that place.. traffic sucks..

oh well thanks for the quick reply..

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by r247yan View Post
    Thanks for the reply.... i will check out tommorow... To top it off it is down in washington d.c.. i got to get out of that place.. traffic sucks..

oh well thanks for the quick reply..

ryan
    Who's your distributor in the DC area?

Page 10 of the install manual clearly shows both 115 volts going to the outdoor unit and then from there to the indoor unit. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just bought the same unit for a home office that I'm putting together. I figured that the install should be a snap but I just got word from my wife that our contracter wants $1000 to do the install. (The outside unit will be placed next to the shed) I already have it wired, I've looked at the install instructions and, from an untrained eye, it looks pretty easy.

Any ideas why or what makes this so expensive? I'm ready to cancel my order and just put in a window unit.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    every sanyo i have installed has had the indoor unit powered from the outdoor unit, never seperate feeds never different voltages.

usually run 14-3 to indoor unit from outdoor unit and have a 3 pole disconnect at indoor unit.
    I am thinking about the Sanyo Mini-Split as well and My electrician is confused too!

* When you go to Home Depot etc. 14-3 means 14 gauge and 3 wires (Wh, Bl, Red + ground; they don't count the ground!!!!). So I guess you meant 14-2 (Wh, Bl and bare copper ground).

* Re Disconnect Box:
    I thought 2-pole disconnect for outside unit is good enough (similar to a central AC outdoor disconnect).
    - Does indoor unit need a disconnect?
    - Also why 3 pole disconnect?

Please help my electrician! He will wire the Outside disconnect as in the picture below, any opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

if i meant 14-2 i would of said 14-2...........

will not go into it any more in this forum due to diy rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast