Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    one more thing.... in the GCM you will see the EMS points for the MZ labeled as AIN1, AIN2....DIN1, DIN2....etc. On the smartware drawings the actual GCM block is the MZ2 and the points like AIN1 are underneath that block. I hope all my rambling makes some sense.

Thanks controltec, I'm headed to Texas for a week on Wednesday but would like to chat with you on the phone sometime if you're available. I think I would be wise to use your services on this one.

I hooked up to one today for the first time. Used XPSI 4.1 on an XP Dell laptop.
    Used an USB/RS232 converter plugged into a RS232/RS485 converter. Tied the +,- and ground wires onto the ASD buss on one of the Microzones.
    Setup comm. one in device manager to 9600/8/None/1/xon/xoff.
    In XPSI set up I used comm. one and 19200 baud.
    When you first start in XPSI it will ask you if network is on GCM buss - I answered yes. ("Waiting to join buss" popped up) I was able to connect to all the microzones on that buss.
    I tried using the phone jack but had no luck.
    Note: Driver for USB/RS485 converter was FTDI Ltd. 2.04.06 by WinDDK
    My converter has worked OK so far on Johnson, Trane, and DMS. Did not work on Carrier - was forced to by Service Tool 5.

Thanks Mark, great info!

OK, so I'm kicking around the XPSI software, I've connected to the ASD bus and uploaded all of my Microzones. Now I'm trying to connect to the Microflo's on the ASD bus using MFLOII but nothing is coming up on the node list. I am connected to the ASD side of the MN-ASDI Integrator and think I need to be on the Ubus side. Where do I go from here for VAV communication. Also I'm wondering..... if I can't see the MFLO's on the ASD bus how is the Niagara ASD Infocon driver going to see them?

Many Thanks for all the support~

If you have a MN-ASDI you have micronet VAV controllers and these do not talk on the ASD bus. The MN-ASDI is the integrator that translates between U-bus and ASD to get the information up into the GCM. The only way to connect to these and program these is with the micronet tool. The micronet tool is part of the XPSI v4.0 software. If you have version 4.0 there should be an icon on your desktop for MNETCI.....I think??? You will also need a special cable called a MN-CIM. These are really hard to get and usually if you can get one the price is crazy. I might be able to get you one, but we can discuss that somewhere else besides the forum. The Scheinder/Invensys reps don't like to hear about how to buy their parts from channels that aren't their own. They go to great lengths to lock up the customers and make sure that no one can work on their stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12