Question furnace fan runs constantly

I have a 7 year old Goodman furnace and the problem I am having is the blower fan continues to run (blowing through vents), after the furnace shuts down.
    I was told it could be the control board or control switch. Does this sound right?
    Last edited by shweetie22; 11-27-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Dirty/plugged filter????

could be any number of things... Call your service guy.

I did call a service guy or two...which are telling me different things. Thought I would get a "professional" opinion before I flipped a coin and picked a service guy.

Sounds like you have no confidence in the two repair companies you called.
    So dont use them. Ask your your friends or family for a referral. Make sure the company is a licsenced contractor.

Well it could be your thermostat, it may sound stupid, but i've seen it before, check to see if you have your fan set to "auto", if its set to "on", its gonna run your fan. Next, perhaps your fan relay in the unit, could be stuck closed. when have you had it serviced last?.

Quote Originally Posted by shweetie22 View Post
    I did call a service guy or two...which are telling me different things. Thought I would get a "professional" opinion before I flipped a coin and picked a service guy.

Did you call them or have them come out? Troubleshooting this over the phone is only slightly better than on-line. Odds are someone will have to actually stand at the furnace with a meter.

I would get a second or third opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by rdpstl1 View Post
    I would get a second or third opinion...
    ????

As other people have said, you need a hands on pro to check out your system. Be sure to explain your problem and service history (if you have one) thoroughly to the tech. If you haven't had your annual furnace maintenance as your manufacturer recommends, be sure to tell the tech this as well. First and foremost, don't ask for a service and clean/check as this is actually a service call and there are differences!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and Califormia
    There is a particular part known to cause this symptom. Any experienced tech that works with Goodman would know the problem and solution..usually withing 5 minutes. You'd have saved a lot of time by calling one. If it's what I believe it is, it's not an expensive repair.
    "Surprised ?! If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."
    Clark Griswold

Blower Time Delay Relay in the air handler.