Humidifier wiring

Our Aprilaire humidifier was reinstalled on our new dual fuel system. I've been told that it can be wired to come on 3 ways. One is with the fan, two is with the hp, and three is with the gas. I don't want to energize it with the fan because I want to leave the fan (vspeed) on to circ the air for our 3 levels to even out temps even tho we have 3 zones now. The hp is what I'll use the most in the NC, so I had the humidifier wired to that.

Is this the way it is? I'd rather have the humidifier come on with a call for heat.

System is trane vspeed fan, hp and gas, honeywell tz4 zone board.

Thanks

Perry

i really dont understand the question... is it a question??

there's nothing wrong with hooking it up in sync with the continuous fan. When the humidistat is satisfied the humidifier valve will de-energize.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

Don't have it wired to run with continuous fan; it will waste a lot of water, as room temperature air doesn't pick up much moisture.

Indoor humidity is inversly proportional to outdoor temperature (dewpoint, technically); you will require the most humidification when the heatpump can not longer keep up.

With proper draft proofing and direct vent appliances, it is possible to get away without a humidifier. Search my user name + keyword "humidifier" for more info.

most furnaces have a board with HUM terminals that bring on the Humidifier with the gas furnace. That would be the easy way of doing it